VII

"hey, i'm ready to go."

+

all hawkins went to sleep with pride for their hawkins high school championship win. well, some went to sleep, others thrived at night, others were targeted, others were victims of fear and misjudgment.

eddie had snapped out of his building frustrated daze, turning to chrissy who kept a shy smile around him. giving her a glance up and down, he shot a warm smile.

"excited for something new, aren't we?" eddie joked as he led chrissy to his van, making his way home.

"chrissy, you're a girl who understands girls better than man, right," eddie almost stated as he kept his eyes on the road.

"of course," chrissy deadpanned back as she took out a stick of gum from her cheer bag."why?"

"well, let's just say that i've been dating this girl. but it seems i've done something wrong since overnight she has stopped going to our routinely meet up after school and met a new guy i don't know."

chrissy smiled and exclaimed happily as she grinned at eddie: "who eddie!? who!!!"

eddie bashfully smiled before turning to the girl: "promise me you won't tell her or anybody; it's a private secret relationship. i really want things to work out and last long. i want to fix this."

"yes eddie," chrissy agreed before jumping in her seat again. "now, who is it?"

"don't say...a word......athena morrissey, your friend," eddie smiled with a hot blush as chrissy 'oooo-ed' at him teasingly.

"i knew it!! athena has been acting different since the beginning of the year! god you guys do look cute together now that i think about it," chrissy was beyond happy for her friend who wasn't here.

"yeah, so, um...." eddie cleared his throat nervously, "what do i do? how can i fix this?"

"i think it was my fault," chrissy apologized to a confused eddie. "we had a tiny argument during passing period and she looked upset. she wasn't at practice for two ish hours. but we apologized to each other before the game."

eddie glanced over at chrissy, many things going through his head before he bursted out laughing. "athena has always been sensitive during arguments. god, she's too cute," eddie whispered the end to himself as he parked outside his trailer.

he could tell chrissy was nervous, but he calmed her down to the best of his ability as he searched for the special k. the entire time, his girlfriend stayed on his mind, still wondering who that boy was.

still, he was over the top relieved that he told someone about his secret relationship. he knew he'd confront athena about the guy and why she missed their evening hang out, but that was later.

"it was hidden well under the drawers, but this should last you more than enough for regular use," eddie held the bag of k in his hands as he walked back into the living room.

immediately, he noticed chrissy and her eyes spasming; no wonder it had gotten so quiet. "chrissy?" he called out to get no answer.