History Homework

(A/N: Hey! it's Waffles. I'm back with another Itadei fic- hee hee. hope you enjoy it!)

(Before you start, there are some possible triggers in this story. Abuse, bullying, just sensitive content in general. Keeping that in mind, proceed with caution!)

I carefully crept through the hallway, making sure not to wake my foster parents or sister. Once I was downstairs, I should be fine, but up here I had to be quiet. I was on my way back to my shared bedroom with Naruto, my younger brother.

I had to wake him up for school and prepare his lunch, because my foster parents sure as hell weren't going to do it. Naruto was still in middle school, and he had a pretty good friend group, unlike me.

I'm an artist. I like drawing, sketching and sculpting and painting, anything to do with art, really. I'm in high school, I'm in junior year and I turn 18 in a couple months, although I'm not sure anyone other than Naruto knows that.

I slowly creaked open the door to our room, and I took in the surroundings. It was quite messy; we haven't cleaned it in a while. I walked over to Naruto's bed and gently shook him awake, and he rolled over, mumbling something about wanting 5 more minutes.

"Naruto, come on. Wake up," I said, shaking him again. He grunted, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "Deidara..." he muttered, and I looked at his sleepy face. Poor kid has to go through another day of living with these horrible people.

I got a job last year so I could start saving for an apartment and move out as soon as I turned 18, and then I was going to legally adopt Naruto. But the pay isn't great, and I don't have enough yet. Plus, I have to buy Naruto and I our own stuff because our foster parents aren't going to do shit. At this rate, I'm never getting out of here.

"Hey Naruto. It's time to get going for school, okay buddy? Come eat breakfast when you're dressed," I told him, and he looked at me groggily, nodding. "And make sure you're quiet," I added, before leaving the room and silently shutting the door.

Creeping down the stairs, I made my way into the kitchen, letting out a sigh. I could make noise if I wanted to now. I started packing Naruto a lunch, making sure he had enough to eat. Popping a couple pieces of toast in the toaster, I prepared for when Naruto would come downstairs.

When I was done packing his lunch, I grabbed a plastic grocery bag from underneath the sink. I needed to buy him a real lunch bag... but that was something I can't afford right now. Putting the contents of his lunch into the bag, I set it by his backpack near the front door. The bag used to be mine, but he needed it more than I did so I gave it to him. Now I just carry everything everywhere. It's a pain in the ass but whatever.

I grabbed a recyclable plastic water bottle, filling it up with tap water and putting it with Naruto's lunch.

"Hey Deidara," Naruto said, walking into the kitchen, I ran over to him, giving him a hug. "Goodmorning!" I said as he pushed me off of him. I went over to the toaster, grabbing his toast out and grabbing the jam to put on the warm bread.

I placed the two pieces of jam covered toast in front of him, and he immediately started mowing it down. He had gone to bed last night with no dinner, so naturally he was hungry. When he was finished, he started happily telling me about how excited he was to see his friends.

This kid was always so energetic. He was always excited to see people, and always ready to go, no matter how badly he was treated.

Although he didn't get the worst of it, Naruto was constantly being abused and hurt by our foster parents, Botan and Chika. If I tried to stop them, they just hit me harder.