Low Battery

"What the hell is that?" Michael asks.

"Stay here, I'll be right back." I say standing up.

"I'm not staying here there's a fucking monster out there."

"Yeah a monster you've never dealt with, stay here Doc." I say running out before he responds.

I quickly suit up and throw a blade in its direction, bringing the Jackal's attention to me.

It's been a while since I've dealt with one of these things, but I should be able to manage.

The Jackal is moving oddly slow, so I run towards it instead. Using a building to jump onto the beast I drag a blade across its back.

It cries in pain and falls over. Whoever summoned this thing sucks at it.

I plunge the same blade into its heart and it fades away into dust.

I drop the suit and head back in the cafe to Michael.

"What the hell was that?" He asks the second I sit down.

"Egyptian Jackal." I say, trying to figure out who could summon it, and why it was so weak.

"Where did it come from?!? Pretty sure those things aren't native to New York."

I don't answer, just keep thinking.

Ammit and Harrow are dead.

Saorise is dead.

Maybe Ra has a new avatar?

Did a different god go off the deep end?

"Hello? Y/n?" Michael says, it actually works and snaps me back to reality.

"I gotta go." I say standing up and rushing out the door, I don't think he's following me.

I get to the bus stop and check my pockets.

"Shit!" I spent that much on a damn muffin??

Guess I'm walking the half mile walk home.

                                             ***
In my way back I notice Bucky and Sam walking in the opposite direction, Bucky and I both make the nonverbal agreement to not do anything but a quick nod to acknowledge each other, and continue walking.

                                             ***
When I get home Marc looks slightly pissed, but he doesn't say anything.

I end up sitting in the living room with both Layla and Marc, playing on my phone as they rewatch one of Steven's documentaries.

***
Shit!

I forgot to charge my phone after I came back last night.

Well, on the bright side, I'll be able to talk to Khonsu in my room while my phone e is charging.

I go to plug the charger in and it doesn't work. Of course not, why would it work from all angles? That would actually be convenient.

I flip it and it finally starts to charge.

"Khonsu." I call quietly enough that they can't hear me out in the living room.

Nothing.

"Hey dead pigeon!" I call a little louder, I don't know why.

"What!"

"What's with the fucking Jackal?" I ask flopping backwards into my bed since he decided to stay invisible

"Why do you think I'd know?!"

"Cause your the fucking god of the night sky idiot!"

"Ask Ra!"