A short walk in a pretty town (Arthur×reader)

Arthur Morgan × Reader (?)
Sean Macguire × Sister Reader

About:You are Sean's little sister and you two are inseparable. While taking a short walk in a pretty town something very unexpected happens.

A/N: I'd like to apologize in advance for this chapter.

800 words

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

You, Sean, Bill, Micah, and Arthur were walking slowly through the main trail of Rhodes and discussing plans for playing the Grays and Braithwaites. Sean had his arm around your shoulders, glaring at any guy who look at you. You personally thought something was up with the two families but no one seemed to listen so you just gave up on telling everyone.

"Hold on." Arthur suddenly said, stopping.
Bill and Micah stopped next to him while you and Sean took a few more steps forward and turned around toward the other three. Great minds think alike. "Somethin' don't feel right." Arthur said, tense. You just rolled your eyes at him.

"Now somethin' don't feel right." Sean mocked. "I coulda told ya that-" Sean started but was cut off by a gunshot and a bullet just barely misses you. You look at Sean to make sure he's ok and... there's a hole in his head and he falls down. You drop to your knees next to him and grab his arm.

"SEAN!" You scream out tears falling down your cheeks and bullets whizzing by your head. You suddenly felt rough hands grab your shoulders and someone dragging you backward. Once you were behind cover you realized that Arthur was the one who dragged you backward.

"Are you hurt?" He said, grabbing your face and turning it to one side, checking you for any wounds. You said nothing in return and just tried pushing Arthur away. Arthur grabbed your wrists in an attempt to stop you from pushing him away. "Listen to me. I know you're sad and I know your hurting but we need you strong for now. Sean needs you strong." Arthur said, trying to keep you strong so you could deal with these damned Grays.

You gave Arthur a small nod and wiped your tears with your hand. You upholstered your gun and shot any Gray in sight, anger overwhelming you. Suddenly you felt an arm wrap around your neck, putting you in a headlock and dragging you toward the sheriffs. Almost as soon as you were inside the Sheriff's office the gunshots stopped. And you heard Micah yelling for Sheriff Gray. Before you knew it everyone piled outside and you realized Bill was also being held, hostage.

As soon as Arthur saw you his face fell. You just tuned out all the yelling and tried to not look at Sean. Suddenly the lawmen around you dropped dead and you were set free. You immediately ran towards Sean and dropped to your knees again. Everyone was arguing and yelling which just made the tears welling up in your eyes fall faster. Arthur kneeled next to you and put his hand on your back.

"We need to go before more of those bastards show up." Arthur said, rubbing your back reassuringly.

.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.

It's been a few days after Sean's death and you've completely shut yourself out. You are not your normal cheery self and you spend most of your time alone.

It was about 1 AM or so and you were sneaking out of camp as quietly as you could. You mounted your horse and left as quietly as you could and rode towards Clemens point. After a while of riding, you arrived at Sean's grave. You dismounted your horse and walked over to a tree nearest to the grave and leaned against it.

You dug a bottle of whiskey out of your satchel and started downing it. Out of nowhere, you heard hooves approaching somewhere in the dark and saw Arthur and his horse emerge from the trees.

"Oh- hey." You said, taking a sip of your whiskey while Arthur dismounted his horse. "Wanna swig?" You asked, holding the bottle to Arthur. He took the bottle from you and took a sip.

"You alright?" Arthur asked, handing the whiskey back to you. You downed the rest of the bottle

"That bullet almost hit me. It could've hit me and Sean would be alive now." You said, looking straight ahead into the trees, avoiding eye contact.

Arthur didn't say anything in response and just wrapped you in a warm hug and started rubbing your back. You couldn't hold back your sadness anymore and cried into Arthur's chest and hugged him back.

"I-I just can't do this without him." You said in-between sobs. Sean had helped you through everything. You couldn't imagine losing him before but now...

"It'll be alright. You'll get through this." Arthur said in a desperate attempt to comfort you. "You'll be okay. We'll be okay."

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝
Are you okay there?