[• Cʜᴇғ's ᴋɪss •]

Iɴsᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ: Velionaq

Writing start: 10.ᴊᴜɴᴇ.2022 - 2.sᴇᴘᴛ.2022

Little Au where obanai and sanemi r besties bc why not

Oneshot, doesn't fall into a specific category

----

It was like a habit to visit one another nearly daily, because they both were as lonely as they could get.

Sometimes in their free time, they'd have meals together. Sanemi didn't know how to cook, so he mostly had someone else cook for him. Obanai on the other hand, had learned from Mitsuri how to cook, or the basics of cooking. Mitsuri was a great cook, and a good teacher aswell, and Obanai began enjoying cooking, amd started to cook for himself more often.

But, there was one time when Sanemi came over, and something changed.

"So.. you make your own food?" The wind hashira asked, watching Obanai chop up some kind of vegetable.

"Sometimes, yes, it makes me proud of myself, or something similar to that at least." The other replied, notlooking away from the chopping board.

"I could never, I was never able to learn cooking. I don't know why, maybe it wasn't my thing." Sanemi suddenly said, which gave Obanai an idea.

"Would you want to give it another shot?" Obanai asked, putting down the knife to look at Sanemi.

"Wait a second- what?" The other was a little confused, not so sure of what he meant.

"I didn't stutter, did I? I could teach you. Come here, it's not that hard." The serpent hashira looked at his teammate, seeming pretty serious, but then again, he was always serious. He wasn't the jokester type.

Sanemi hesitantly went beside the other, unsure if this would work, but before he could complain, Obanai put the knife in his hand and guided it to chop one of the half-cut veggies. It was a little akward, considering tbe height difference, but Obanai didn't seem to notice.

"That's how you chop food. Be careful so you don't accidentally also chop off your fingers." He explained, as he picked up the board and pushed the food off of it in a nearby wooden bowl.

"How do you prefer vegetables, fried or boiled?"

Sanemi wasn't sure how to reply, wether to answer the question or say something else.

"Fried."

"Alright, then I'll need to set up a fire..  you surely know how to aswell, so you don't need to pay attention to this." Iguro said, as he went to set some wood on fire.

After that, he got a circular shaped metal vessel (don't know if they had pans back then) and put it on the stove, so it would heat up with some oil inside.

"Metal and oil heats up quickly, it could burn your flesh off, be careful with it."

That kind of unsettled Sanemi. The thought that something that was used probably daily could be so dangerous if not handeled correctly.

"Oil tends to splash, especially if you're frying vegetables like this." Then, Obanai makes a demonstration, by carefully letting the veggies he chopped fall into the vessel, oil splashing a little, making a sizzling sounds.

"Come here, if you won't help you'll never learn."

Sanemi walks over to Obanai, not sure of what to do. There was never someone to teach him all of this. He didn't get along with most people, and other were scared of his appearance. And let's not mention his childhood.. He assumed Iguro learned this either from Kanroji, who was known for loving to cook for herself, or from someone else, maybe his mother or father.