Chapter 2

Wayne Enterprises

"Ahem." A short man in formal wear, cleared his throat as he looked upon the room. "Welcome to today's meeting." The business men and women started mumbling amongst each other. "I, Oswald Cobblepot, am looking to take things to the higher level."

"And how exactly do you plan on doing that's 'taking things to a higher level?" A man asked. Oswald brought out a cane and hit it against the board. The spot he showed was a pretty house-sized building, with many ice and snowy decorations surrounding it. "As you all know, my club the Iceberg Lounge is in need of some remodeling. But what if it doesn't exactly have to be remodeled? What if.." He flipped to the next screen on the board, which showed a skyscraper type building covered in ice and snowy decorations as well. At the top of the building, a massive title saying "Iceberg Lounge."

"You want to make the club a gigantic skyscraper building.." The man asked. Oswald shook his head no. "No I want to make the club an official.. company." The people around the room mumbled and all looked at each other. "Mr. Cobblepot?" A woman asked. "Ma'am," he responded aiming his cane at her. "I don't suppose this is all being said because of Wayne Enterprises' sudden rise in economy and  the weaponry department? As well as the charities for the orphans?"

Cobblepot snarled once she said Wayne Enterprises. "No this is not..no. It isn't."

"Good. Wouldn't want to have a promising ally just secretly having hatred over me." A voice was heard from the entrance door. Oswald and the people around the room all turned around to see the billionaire boss.

"Mr..Wayne.." Oswald said with an unamused face. Matthew walked over and sat at the very end of the round, long table. "I like the idea Ozzy. What do you need in order to kick it off?" Matthew asked as he observed the diagram on the board. "With all due respect Mr. Wayne but you cannot be serious buying this crap!" someone said looking at Wayne.

"What's so wrong with it?" Wayne asked as he had a stern look at the man. The man gulped and spoke, "I don't know it's just.. he's clearly trying to take over your company somehow sir!"

"BULLSHIT!" Oswald yelled at the man, slamming his hands on the table. The board members shook as Cobblepot slams on the table. "You know damn well this is a jealousy act you selfish penguin!" the man exclaimed at Oswald, standing up from his seat. "

"Absolutely not! And you know I hate that name.." Oswald said beginning to get even more frustrated. "What name?" the man asked.

"Penguin..?" the man asked, mockingly.

Oswald breaks and heads towards the man before Matthew says, "Enough you two! Michael, I suggest you leave this meeting as of right now. I understand your intentions for trying to look out for me but I am very much in control and can handle myself. Please exit." Michael gets up and nods before taking a glance at Cobblepot, heading out of the room. "As for you Oz, I really like the idea and I would be more than happy to help out with anything to get the company going," Matthew says as he smiles at the short man. Oswald calms down and smiles back at the boss before saying, "Thank you Mr. Wayne. It is such an honor having you as a business partner."

Matthew nods and tell everyone that the meeting has dismissed. "Luke. You there?" Matthew asks as he presses on an earpiece in his ear. "Loud and clear. Tatsu is upstairs with Alfred, probably eating all your cake to be honest," Luke responds. "All of it really?"

"Yeah but that's besides the point. You really trust Oswald with this idea man?" Luke asks. Matthew looked down and shook his head as he responds, "No. I don't. But I've been having a really suspicious feeling around him and this is my way of getting into finding out what he's up to."