Chapter 5

The BatCave

"You have any idea what you just did Tatsu?!" I stand over the desk, taking my cowl off and setting it down. Tatsu is behind me, sitting down in a chair with her head down. "I'm sorry but he was going to kill you! You would've been bleeding out or worse right now Matthew." Alfred and Luke come down the elevator, checking up on us. "Dear God, what happened Master Wayne?" Alfred asks me the moment he sees us. I shake my head and point at Tatsu, "We could potentially lose a lead because of Tatsu." Tatsu looks up at me and bites her lip. "Excuse me?! I saved your ass you fucking stubborn idiot!" 

She comes towards me, before Luke gets in front to stop her. "Let's just calm down for a sec alright? She did try to save you Matt," he says turning around to face me. 

I scoff and roll my eyes. "You messed things up too Luke." His jaw drops, looking at me confusingly. "Wait what? How?" "I was following Selina and I could've gotten her too, but then you called me in. Then this whole shit happened," I said staring at them both. "Selina? You mean the girl you met at the Iceberg Lounge?! Dude seriously? You were going to have to lose her either way because of the break in dumbass!" Luke starts getting mad, along with Tatsu. 

"I could've handled both," I said. Tatsu laughs sarcastically. Luke scoffs. "What? You don't think I can do this on my own?" I ask them. They look at me with blank expressions. Silence overcame the cave and by that point, I knew their answer. "You don't think I can." The two of them look at each other and sigh.

"Matthew I helped you with all those men," Tatsu said. Luke says, "And I helped you out with all your equipment man. I supply you with all that." I look at them with a long face, but shook my head. "Well I could do it too you know," I said with a straight face. Alfred put his hand over his face. The two looked at me sadly. "It's been one year Matthew. We've done this with you, we helped you." 

I shook my head at them. I rubbed my eyes and said, "Maybe.. maybe now I can handle things from here." Luke looked at me with a frown and Tatsu shook her before heading upstairs. I looked back at Luke and he was already headed up the same way. "Maybe give them time to breathe Master Wayne," Alfred said while putting his hand on my shoulder. I nodded and sat back down, sighing with my hand over my face. 

After I headed upstairs, I decided to take a shower. All I could think about was whether if I was right or wrong. "Master Wayne?" I heard Alfred knock and say my name. "Yes Alfred?!" I called back out. "Your friends are leaving sir."

"Guys?!" I walk out in my robe, all wet from the shower. Tatsu and Luke had bags in their hands and were all dressed up to go. "We thought about what you said. If that's how you feel Matthew then there isn't a point in staying right?" Tatsu says. I sigh and look at Luke. He looks down, shaking his head. "If you need us, and I mean REALLY need us then give us a call okay?" Luke says as he brings out his keys. 

Alfred opens the door for them, sadly. "Thank you Alfred. I'm gonna miss you," Tatsu says while going in for a hug. Alfred hugs her back and frowned. "Be safe my dear. You too Mr. Fox," he says as he shakes Luke's hand. Luke nods and they both wave goodbye to me before heading out the door. 

The Afternoon

"Oh Mr. Wayne it's really unnecessary," Nigma says as he walks the hall with me. We're at Wayne Enterprises but I was looking to host a celebration for Edward. Some of his projects have been working very well and he went and risked his life for people. He's earned it. 

"No I insist Ed. You've done a lot lately in only a couple of weeks and I want the world to know how successful and far you've came in such a short span," I respond, walking out the doors and opening the door to my limo for him. Edward nodded and went in. I followed after him and told Alfred to take us to the location.