Chapter 9: A Nice Walk (Non-Canon, Alternate Ending)

It's been three months after that night. I've seen shadowy figures, watching us, but I figure it's nothing. No one has died. We've all been enjoying our lives. The village has expanded. We have a windmill now. We have fresh bread daily. We have wheat, and carrots, and potatoes and meat. We've managed to make a great self sustaining village. No more hunting or going to cities far away. We're cut off from technology.
You see technology is confusing here. Some people have more advanced technology than others. Owen and his forces had extremely advanced space technology just not other technology. Here, in the village the best we have is nothing. We're completely cut off.
It's weird to see the world so different, and have so much unique cities and villages and countries in the way they share information and technology. But anyway, our village is amazing. I recently went to the theatre. We had some of our best entertainers on. Rex, Charlie and a few others acted out this play. Forgot what it was called but it was really good. I talked to Rex after the show, he was the main character. It was cool seeing him so happy and lively.
Me and Lola are still together, we spend a lot more time together now. June still leads us in the direction off how to improve the village.
Jack's still on his journey. We have to hope he's okay.
Me, I do my own thing now. I mainly walk down the village and watch people go about their daily lives. It's calming. Sometimes I stop to talk to them, or they stop to talk to me. I see that shadowy figure too often though. It's like it's haunting me. I don't let it get to me though.
I've recently started to write a journal. I put down all the things i find in the world and write it down. I write about people, places, and plants. It's calming. It's how I make boring days fun. It's fun researching the smallest things.
Normally I go down to the creek and look at the wildlife there. It's a break, even now. The war had drained me so much, I still need to rest. The things I did, and the things I saw. I was a different person.
Anyway, at the moment, I'm on a walk, to the creek. I see flowers on the path I take. I bend down and pick one up, and it seems different. More alive. I shrug it off. Then I see a crack in thin air. I can see what seems like the universe behind it. I gasp. What is this? I stare at it. I see so much in it, and yet so little. I see little orbs, that glow. Is this the multiverse? Is this the gateway to it...? I put my hand through. It feels cold. I take it back out. It's shivering. It's space and beyond through there. Multiverse is real.
Holy shit.
Not too long after the crack disappears. It goes into nothingness. I write down my experience in the journal. I write down all my theory's.
For some reason my robot arm starts to stop working. I think it ran out of battery. Charlie put fake skin over it, to make it seem real. I sometimes forgot it isn't. I open up a panel to it, and flip a few switches. I close the panel again. It's fixed. Some reason it malfunctioned. Then across the creek I see the shadowy figure. It seems more real then usual.
Then I realise it is a person. I pull out a knife and throw it at them. Suddenly they teleport away, and my knife hits a tree. I hear footsteps behind me, and I spin. I see the person now. They're in a black suit with bulky armour and mask on. Before I can react they stab this device into me. It doesn't hurt yet it feels like I'm going to die at the same time. I feel my light matter flow out of me. It's taking my power. It hurts. I collapse and turn pale. I become light headed. I pass out.
It's dark.
I don't know how long later I wake up.
I sit up. I'm in a forest. The grass is orangey. The leaves on the trees are orange, too. I don't know how long I've been out for. I stand up, then look down. Near my foot I see a crack again. Into the multiverse. I then realise what has happened. I'm in a different universe, somehow while I was asleep I teleported away. I have no powers, that guy really fucked me over. Before I can go through the crack closes.
My friends and family are gone.
I begin to cry. I stay on my knees and cry for a long time.
A long, long time