Chapter 2: The People

I open the door, and walk into Rhys' house. It's spacious, yet small... but God is it warm. My eyes dart around the room, looking at the home. It's amazing.
"Welcome, to my shit hole of a house. Don't worry it's not that bad. Want some food? My stove should be working." He tells me. He then spends the next five minutes punching the stove. I chuckle on the inside.
Human interaction isn't something I like, if it's one person then sure. I'm just glad there's no one else here.
"Oh by the way, Gabriel- can I call you gabe?, anyway, I'll show you some of the people that live here Tommorow." Rhys informs me. I nod but deep down my heart has sunk- people! But I shrug it off. It's life. I eye the couch, and Rhys nods. Great minds think a like. I rush over to the couch, and lay on it- it is so comfy. I almost sink into it. God it's cosy and warm here- I just wanna live and stay here forever.
And now it's morning. Shit. Why does sleep have to go so fast, I think to myself. But it's just a stupid question. I stretch, and go sort myself out ready for the day. I eye my bag.
I haven't been anywhere without it for years, even if it's a five minute walk... but. I feel safe here. Call me foolish... but. I leave it.
I wait for Rhys to wake up, and after an decade, he's up and about. Not too long after we head off to meet the people. Some time after walking we have to part ways. "Oh damnit- sorry Gabe- I have to do something. Just keep going down the street, you'll find the people. I'll meet you in a hour, okay?" He tells me. I shakily reply "ok" and continue on my walk. I wish I brought my bag now.
A few minutes later I arrive at my destination. It's a market place, stands are up, selling god knows what. Some form of "beef stew" that looks like vomit. Then I scan the crowd and find a tent. It seems oddly misplaced, but Rhys told me to go into a tent. So I enter inside it.
It's a big tent, I have to say, with a few "rooms" and some stuff inside it. Nothing too important. Then I hear footsteps. I turn around and there is this girl. She's around the same size as me, maybe a bit taller, dark blonde hair. She takes one look at me, and must have realised who i am. "Oh, are you Gabriel?" She asks. I nod. "Nice to finally meet you-" what does she mean by finally?!- "Rhys told me you were here." I shakily respond "uh yeah- what do you mean by finally?" I ask. "Also- who the fuck are you?!" I add on.
"Oh right. My name is Lola." Lola tells me. I sorta don't acknowledge that I've been talked to. "And what I mean by finally... is... God this will be hard to explain." She begins "you- are like a prophecy I guess? Your brother- Owen... he's the pure form of evil, dark matter, which makes you the pure form of light matter." She finishes. I shake. No. That's not true- this is a dream. This is all fake. But it can't be...
"Wha... what...?" I hastily reply. I'm confused. I'm shook.
"I'd love to explain more, but I've got to go" she sarcastically says, as she walks off. I'm left there, with my thoughts and I. I walk out the tent, and see someone. They're waving towards me. I walk over. She's also a girl, but smaller than me, not by much... she's got brown hair, and brown eyes. "You must be Gabe. Pleasure to meet you" she says to me.
"Hi." I say, awkwardly. "I'm sorry if I seem out of it- but... this prophecy- where is it- can I see it?" I ask. The girl shakes her head. "No. Also you can call me Amy" she adds on. I nod, and then look around, anxious now. I'm almost scared. Not entirely.
Finally I yell "alright, I don't fucking care, what the fuck is this prophecy- I want you to tell me all of this- what the fuck is it?! Why am I in it?! What the fuck is light matter?! Who the fuck are you?!" I stop and realise everyone is staring at me. Then I hear whispers, murmurs, conversations. My heart drops. Why are they looking at me like that. Then some begin to cheer. Some just stand there in disbelief. Then one tells "our saviour is here!". I'm frozen from shock.
The prophecy must be true...