Chapter 8: Preparations

The air is cold and crisp as we prepare, prepare for what's ahead. We have no idea if we will survive, but we have to try.
I take a sip of my coffee, as I stare at the people, grabbing weapons, making traps, and preparing. I'm happy. I turn to look at June, and she's commanding a bunch of people. It suits her, being a leader. I look to Rhys, and he's practicing against a dummy. I see Lola, giving Rhys tips and tricks on how to better himself. I see Charlie, practicing her aim. I see jack, trying his best to stand and walk.
I look down. To me. I'm here. Im the reason Owen is coming for us. God. Im scared. Not for me, but the people of the village, my new home. I don't want it to fall. I'm going to try all I can. But... it'll be hard too...
But I have to.
I get off my lazy ass and walk over to the pole. I begin to put the flag up. Our own flag. It's a small circle, with an E on the middle. E for EndQuestian. We go until the End. We do quests to better the world. We are united strong and we ARE ready for this.
We are the EndQuestians!
I walk over to Lola and Rhys, and talk to them about our strategies. They listen and agree, I wish them luck with their team. I know they can pull it off.
I walk over to jack and June, June is hyped. I'm worried, not for her. But the enemy. I wish them luck too. I hope no one dies but... this is a battle, and usually there are casualties.
I walk over to the training area. I prepare myself for what's ahead.
I look to the sky, to the sun.
Then I look over. I see Owen. It's not long now. I'm ready.