Chapter - 9 " More Than Freinds? "

Recap :- due to riots, akshara and abhimanyu decide to rest in the office 's rest room,
They get nostalgic by seeing the glass pane ceiling and while enjoying the view akshara trips and falls along with abhimanyu on the bed and both share a romantic moment...

just then an unwanted knock was heard .... They came back from there dream land and discovered that it was the peon who has came to ask for permission to go to his room (servant room).. Abhimanyu permitted him and..
Closed the door.. Akshara was sitting straight on the bed and looking here and there trying to avoid his eyes which were glued on her by the time he was taking steps towards the bed from door.. And she could sense his intense gaze..
He reached near the bed and took his steps further towards her side...
And she was getting nervous and butterflies were running fast inside her... He kept one hand on the bed near hers and other one on the side table, caging her.. She was at the peak of jitters and nervousness... And he bent down she slightly closed her eyes unknown to what's going to happen..

And she heard a slamming voice of drawer to which she opened her eyes and realised that she just had a misconception about the situation and actually Abhimanyu had come to take the ac remote from her side of table... 8-)
He showed her the remote with a' hope you understand' kind of smile...
While she nodded with a 'of course i knew it was this' kind of smile...

He somewhat got the idea what she thought and slapped the back of head while returning back to other side.. Round the bed..
He confirmed the temp. From her and then asked her
"" do you need anything else? I.. Mean.. I hope you are comfortable...! ""he asked with concern and she nodded saying " "yes I'm alright.. You don't stress over it please" " with a generous smile....

He saw it was 11.00 pm already so abhimanyu got his cushions and decided to lay back on the recliner chair so that akshara would be comfortable on bed... Akshara did argued to him to lay on bed and she should use the recliner instead but considering abhimanyu 's excessive concern for her back.. She couldn't win him over in this argument...

Both of them lied on there designated places and just then the clock beeped saying "" 11.11! ""..
To which both said in sync .. "" angel' s time!!""... And then passed a smile to each other by giggling and saying "" you too! " " and then both wished underneath there breath while closing there eyelids..
Abhimanyu 's wish :: god please protect akshara' s smile... And our bond.. Always..

Akshara 's wish :: god please keep abhimanyu happy.. And our bond should stay same always..

And then both gave a glance to each other... And looked away shyingly when found the other person staring back as well..

Akshara fast asleeps and abhimanyu was still reminiscing today's beautiful moments spent with akshara and was preserving it into his heart in a special corner ...he then gave a look towards akshara on bed and then got up from recliner... Walked towards her side and was Aww struck by seeing how childlike she was sleeping.. Eyes squeezed shut and and a innocent smile spread over her angelic face... He saw her shivering a bit and realised the temp. isn't suiting her so he adjusted the temp. Of a. c. And took out a duvet from drawer and covered her with that..

And then he slept back on his recliner...
It was early morning 4.30 am.. Akshara gets up and realises she is covered by a duvet.. She figures out what might have happened and smiles...
She gets up from bed and walks to see if he is awake, so that she can thank him... ( actual intentions were only to catch a glimpse of him ;-))

'He looks more charming while sleeping' spoke her subconscious mind
'How can someone look so lovely even while sleeping..' But then,
She saw how uncomfortably he was sleeping on the recliner and felt guilty...
Hence She didn't wanted to disturb him but if he won't wake up then they won't be able to escape from the riots.. Coz it  can start back anytime soon.. So she slightly touched his shoulder to wake him up,, but he caught her hand in sleep and held it firmly... She simply tried to disengage herself from his embrace.. But all efforts failed.. So with all the strength that she had, she pulled her hand back but all of a sudden abhimanyu woke up and she got startled and lost her balance and abhimanyu pulled her from the already engaged hand to save her from falling... And she straightaway fell on his lap... Both looking at each other.. With intense eyes ...his one hand on her waist to give her support.. Her both hands clenched on his shirt.. The sexual tension between them was clearly visible on their faces ... But none of them wanted to avert there gazes this time...
...her hair flicks were spreaded over her forehead... And abhimanyu's hand unconsciously reached out to them and he caressed her hairs, tucked them behind her ears ... And in the flow he slided his hand down her temples to her cheeks , his thumbs caressing her cheeks gently... Akshara was feeling pleasures by every stroke of his hand and she couldn't help but was enjoying these new sensations...
Both were in a very close proximity... And suddenly a **beep beep ** sound came from akshara's phone and they realised their awkward positions abhimanyu freed her and akshara immediately got up... Reached out to her phone and it was reesha's text that '' come out in next half an hour as the riots might resume by 6 o'clock... "
...
Abhimanyu got up from the recliner with a guilty and awkward face but then looked up to have a glance at her from the corner of his eye.. And observed her a bit serious so he reached to her and stood behind her...  she showed him the text.. And then spoke.. "" i.. I.. Am sorry a.. Actually this is why i was waking you up coz the riots stopped when i woke up but then...""
He held her from her elbow gently and cutting her off midway he spoke... "" you don't need to apologize... For anything to me.. We are good Freinds right..? (he asked affirmatively) ""
She nodded while being lost in his eyes and admiring him talk..
"" and i guess we need to get out of here... Before anything severe takes place again....... Okay!!... Okay!! (he snapped in front of her face) "".... And akshara came out of her trance and spoke up "" y..yess!! Lets go its already 5.15... ""
They both went out of the room..
Akshara took her files from abhimanyu 's cabin, abhimanyu took his car keys and they decided to leave together for safety reasons and mutual concern as well...

They finally came out of the building of birla associates and got seated in his car..
No matter how attentively they were travelling... One thought was occupied in both of their's mind.... That they were clueless about this different connection they had developed with each other....
They had emmense concern, respect and care for the other one, but there was some binding force acting over them that's bringing them closer day by day....

But all in all one thing was very clear for both of them in there mind ... That it's not just freindship and this bond definitely has something more to it....

(well little did they knew the change in acceleration that the author is going to put in this constant force ;-))

I'm so sorry for the late update readers... I hope the long update makes up for it..
Next few updates are going to be very intriguing and please stay tuned..
Also do vote, comment and share this story with your other freinds.. If you are liking it...
It will encourage me to keep entertaining you..

Loads of love - kashish. 🤎