Chapter XV

Katniss P.O.V.

Peeta is twitching and he looks as if he's in pain. A tear slides down my cheek as Cara faces a screen, jotting down notes. "What are you doing to him?" I say as loud as I can. She turns around and I can tell she is smiling under her mask. Well, if you must know," she begins. "Peeta is going through a series of emotions. We are seeing how the body reacts to certain things at certain times. So eventually, we can use it as an advantage. He will go through: pain, sadness, suffering, joy, happiness, heartache, and fear. The strongest emotions. Luckily, for him all we have to do is use his memory because he has experienced all of them. So, we won't have to make any of it up." she finishes, looking back at her screen. "You are evil," I hiss. ""Why us? Why now?," I yell, fighting my restraints. "Why else would there be a reason? There will be a war. We need all the power and advantage we can get," she says, poison dripping from her every word. "A war with who?" I ask. She steps closer to me, looking down. "You".

Diana P.O.V.

"Gale finally! What took you so long!," I jump up and hug him."Thank God you're okay," he says putting me down. I see a guy walk from behind Gale. "Who's he?" I ask. "Don't worry I'm here to help," he says. I nod and look behind me to see John. "Hey John!," I call out to him. He looks up from his working position and waves. I gesture for him to come over. He slowly gets up and walks over. "John, these are my friends Gale and the dude who's going to help us get back home," I say pointing to each of them as I speak. John nods and goes back to his station of the portal. After he left awkward silence kept us quiet. I looked up and noticed a few cracks in the ceiling with water dripping through, into small buckets on the floor. I looked at the walls, and it also cracks, but more visible than than the ceiling. My eyes turned to the portal. Everyone thinks that this is another dimension, which is hard to believe. Some people have a theory it's a different time in space, no one really knows the real answer, except for me. I've been hiding here for a couple days now, helping in anyway I can to get the portal fixed so we can leave and prepare our world for war. The only way to keep everyone safe is to not let the real truth out. I can not fail.

Gale P.O.V.

I climbed up the ladder I came through, and carefully lifted up the door, with the smartie behind me. I hopped out and helped him out to. "We need to find Christina and maybe find Tobias if we can," I say tired from the climb. He nodded his head, "Christina is at the Bureau, come on," he says and started to run. I followed quickly behind him, wondering how he knew she was there. We ran through the doors and none was at the desk. It seemed dead empty; the only thing we could hear was our heavy breaths. "Hey there," I hear a melodic voice say from behind me. I quickly turn around and see Christina. A smile crosses my face and I walk over to her. She hugs me, and I stiffen at the unexpected affection. She pulls away and looks up at me. "Do you know where Tobias and Tris are?" the smartie says, getting in between me and Christina. "Caleb took them. All I know is that Tris and Tobias went to save the newcomers and one of them is with Caleb and the other...." she trails off, letting us finish the thought. Christina looks at the smartie, her facial expression became sad. "How do you know my name?," she says. "We- I-," he stumbles on his words. His face became blank. "I don't know, it's like I know you from somewhere else," he finishes. Christina nods. She seemed angry but calm. "Let's go and get them shall we?" she says and hands me him and I a gun from her pockets were she was holding two more. I nod and we walk deeper into the building.

Unknown P.O.V.

I lead the group down the hallway, still wondering how I knew Christina. I dismissed the thought and took a left turn, to the room were one of them should be. I stopped at the right door. It was labeled RECOVERY. It was locked so I got my keys from my pocket and unlocked it. I slowly walked in. The lights were off and the room was bigger than expected. In front of me there was a hospital bed with someone on it. Christina ran over to it. "Tris!," she cried. She felt for her pulse. "Oh thank god!" She held Tris in a hug then let her go. She was sweating and her face was scrunched up, as if she were confused. She was going through a simulation. Then, suddenly her legs started to kick rapidly and she started to cough. We tried to get her to wake up and hold her down. After a few minutes of this she became still and started to sweat a lot more. Her clothes were soaked and tears started to fall down her face. She soon started to sob. When I looked at Tris I felt guilty for something I did. I wasn't sure what because I was almost certain we've never met. All we could do is wait for her to wake up. Christina got on the bed with her and held her. Then the door opened and we all turned. It was Tobias in the doorway. He was breathing heavily. He looked at me in confusion and then said, "Peter?".

Tobias P.O.V.

"What are you guys doing in he-" I was cut off by crying. I walked over to the hospital bed where Christina lay. she was holding Tris. My heart sank to my stomach at the sight of her. She was pale and drenched in sweat. She was crying, but in her sleep? "What happened?" I asked. Christina got up from the bed. "She's going through some type of simulation.... the one they are going to use for the war," she says, a tear falling down her cheek. I give her a hug and she walks over to one of the newcomers and starts to cry on his shoulder. Peter stands there looking around for cameras but finding none. He shakes his head. She sighs in frustration. I walk over to him. "How do I know you people?" he asks without looking at me. "I know your name though I don't remember meeting you, same with Christina and Tris," he says. "Look Peter, there are somethings meant to be said. But, not now," I said to him patting him on the back. I went back to Tris and held her hand. It was cold. I put my other hand on top now, hoping to warm it. She started to groan, as if she was choking on something. Then, her eyes opened wide and she sat up fast and started to cough. "Tris!," Christina and I said in unison. I took her face in my hands, forcing her to look at me. More tears fell down her cheek and she put her hand to mine. "It was horrible, Tobias. We can't let them use this on innocent pe-people defending- themselves," she says gasping air between each word. Then, she started to vomit on the foot of her bed. After she was done she wiped her face on the inside of her shirt and got out of the bed slowly. "Tris, you need to sit down," I say, stopping her. She nodded weakly and sat back down. I kissed her forehead then turned around to see Christina and Gale still hugging. "Guys, we need to find out what's going on," I say gesturing for Peter to come over with me and them. "I know where they are building the portal, and that Cara and Caleb are the head scientists in the experiments," Peter says into the circle that we have now formed. "He sent me in here," she says distantly. We all look at her, waiting for her to reply.

Tris P.O.V.

"He told me he didn't know what he was doing," I say, staring blankly. "He didn't know that Cara was going to do things like that, but he still brought me into this room and let me go through this." My body starts to shiver and I have to grip the end of my bed to keep steady. I breathe in.

"Okay guys, let's do this".