Chapter 1. Welcome to Top Gun

"A little snippy I see." ~ A.S.

A long time ago, in a Galaxy not so far away. The United States Navy established an elite school for the top 1% of it's pilots. It's purpose was to teach the lost art of arial combat and to ensure the handful of students who graduated were the best fighter pilots in the world.

They succeeded.

Today, the navy calls it Fighter Weapons School.

The flyers call it: Top Gun

________________________________________________

Ahsoka Tano and her RIO, Rex, were already late to their very first Top Gun class, which wasn't a good look on them.

Ahsoka and Rex stood beside the door to the room where their first class was, peaking inside while trying to stay inconspicuous. They heard the voice of their instructor, Admiral Windu, speaking to the class. "You'll fly at least two combat missions a day, attend classes in between, and evaluations of your performance." Windu was facing the white board in front of him, not looking at the other pilot's.

Ahsoka and Rex decided that this was their chance as they slipped through the door and into the two empty seats, the whole class looking at them as they did so.

"Tano, Rex." Windu spoke as he turned to face the pair that had walked into the class room. "Late on your first day, not a very good look." He raised an eyebrow at the pair as they looked at each other.

"Sorry sir," Tano spoke. "We couldn't find the classroom." Ahsoka smiled innocently as she shrugged, causing once of the pilots beside her to snicker.

"Can it, Skywalker." The Admiral lectured the man who just cleared his throat, apologizing and making up some excuse about something being stuck in his throat.

Windu just rolled his eye's, muttering annoyances under his breath before he continued his lecture. "In case some of you are wondering who's the best," Windu started, walking towards the back of the class room. "They're up here on this plaque on the wall."

The whole class turned to the back to take a look at the plaque he was referring to. "The best driver and their RIO from each class has his name on it." Windu turned back as he started walking to the front of the class. "You think your name's gonna be on that plaque?"

The man that had snickered at Ahsoka's comment leaned back into his seat with a cocky smirk."Yes, Sir." He spoke loudly.

"That's a little arrogant, don't you think, Skywalker?" Windu asked, staring at the brunette. "Yes, Sir." He repeated in a cocky tone. His RIO, who was embarrassed by his driver, was hiding his face in his hands, shaking his head over and over again.

"Very well." Windu said with a hint of annoyance in his voice. "Class dismissed."

Everyone stood up, majority of the pilots walking to the back of the class to look at the plaque. But not Ahsoka and Rex. They decided that they would have a look later when it wasn't so crowded.

Noticing the two walk off was none other than Skywalker and his RIO. He shared a look with his RIO who just rolled his eyes, knowing exactly what he was thinking as he began to jog after the pair.

"I hate it when he does that." The RIO, Kenobi, muttered to himself as he proceeded to walk after his driver.

-

"So, what do you wanna do first, Rexter?" Ahsoka asked her RIO as she skipped up to his side, looking up at the blonde seeing as he was a decent seven inches taller than her.