Chapter 2. Truce

"I just miss him." ~ A.T.

Ahsoka awoke almost two hours later to a knock at her door. She opened her eyes and sat up in her bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she stretched.

She heard the knock at the door again, groaning in annoyance. "I'm coming, I'm coming." She yelled as she pulled herself out of bed and groggily answered the door. Rex was standing there, staring at her with a concerned look on his face as he sported his white Naval uniform.

Ahsoka stood off to the side and gestured for him to come in. Rex stepped into the room went over to her bed, taking a seat as he tapped the bed beside him signalling for her to sit.

Cautiously, she took a seat next to him, tilting her head in confusion as he took in a deep breath. "I know why you snapped at Skywalker." He spoke, his big brown eye's staring deeply into her blue one's.

She felt the tears forming in her eyes as she took in a shaky breath. "I just miss him, Rex." She said as she looked into her lap, wiping the tears that fell onto her cheeks with the sleeve of her shirt.

Rex pulled her into a hug as he rubbed soothing circles on her back. "I know." He whispered. "But, I know he'd be proud of you." Ahsoka smiled at him as more tears fell at his words.

"Thanks, Rexter." She spoke through her tears.

Rex smiled at her as he pulled away from her, still holding onto her shoulders. "Now c'mon. Throw on your suite and let's get going." He said as he shook her shoulders gently.

She let out a watery laugh wiping away more tears as she pushed his arms off of her shoulders and pretended to punch him in the face.

He flopped down onto the bed with a dramatic grunt, pretending to be knocked out. The pair laughed and Ahsoka threw a pillow at him.

"Alright, get out. I gotta change." Ahsoka said as she grabbed Rex by the arm and dragged him out of the room.

Although Ahsoka was short, she was freakishly strong, and Rex didn't want to admit it, but he was scared of her sometimes. After about 5 minutes, Ahsoka walked out of the room wearing her white naval uniform with her platinum blonde hair in a high pony.

Ahsoka slipped her arm through Rex's as she looked up at him with a smile. "Shall we, Rexter?" He smiled and nodded with a slight chuckle as they walked to the bar together.

-

Rex and Ahsoka walked into the bar, taking in the bright lights and loud music that surrounded them. It was crowded, full of new pilot's as well as stragglers hanging around, hoping to find some single, attractive pilots.

Ahsoka's eye's darted around the bar before they landed on a familiar face. Skywalker was standing with a few other pilots such as Solo and Syndulla, laughing at whatever joke Syndulla had just told them.

Ahsoka sighed, knowing that she would have to go over an apologize eventually, but she wanted to have fun with Rex first.

"Hey, Rex!" Both Rex and Ahsoka whipped around to see a group of pilots who were sitting in a booth near the middle of the bar. Rex waved to them as they waved the pair over to join them.

Rex was in flight school longer than Ahsoka so he knew more people than her. But that never discouraged her from making friends with them.

The pair went to go sit with the four other pilot's as one of the pilots stood up to greet them."Rex Ol Boy, how's it going?" A man with a scar on the left side of his face asked as he gave Rex a hug.

"It's going alright, brother. How about you?" The man shrugged, "Same old, same old."

The men all moved around in the booth to make room for the new comers.