Chapter 6. Meet the Family

"It's lovely to meet you all." ~ S.K.

The four pilots were sitting in a diner, waiting for their families to arrive. Today was their day off, and all of them had reached out to their families to see who would be coming down. To Ahsoka's surprise, her mother had agree'd to come see her. 

Ever since her brother's death, her and her mother have had a rocky relationship. But none the less, she would be happy to see her. 

The four of them were happily discussing their families, sharing stories when they noticed the plane that had a landed. All four of them raced out of their seats and out to the tarmac once they saw their family member's exiting the plane.

Ahsoka heard a scream of excitement as soon as she stepped outside, watching as Skywalker ran towards a beautiful women who she could only assume was his wife. She had long dark hair and was carrying two babies on either side of her. 

Skywalker smiled as he looked down at the two of them and giving both of them a kiss on their heads. When she turned to look at Kenobi, she spotted him as he kissed the cheek of a beautiful blond women who seemed relieved to have him in her arms again. 

She quickly spotted Rex who was carrying his little brother on his shoulders while talking to his dad. After scanning the crowd for a brief moment, her hands her pocket to avoid picking at her fingers, she noticed her mother. Once the two made eye contact, they immediately sprinted towards each other and wrapped each other up in the tightest hug ever imagined.

"Ahsoka, baby." Her mom cried as she held her daughters face in her hands. Tears began to form in both of their eye's as they pulled each other in for another hug. "Mom." Ahsoka cried into the crook of her moms neck. 

After five minutes of everyone greeting their families, the four pilots all joined together to introduce each other's families. 

"Ahsoka!" The women in questioned turned toward the voice that was yelling to her when she noticed Rex's little brother, Boba, running straight for her. He quickly jumped into her arms and wrapped his whole body around her. 

"Hey kiddo." She ruffled his hair, smiling down at the young boy who was wrapped around her torso. 

"Ahsoka, eh?" Skywalker smirked, raising his eyebrows at her. 

It then dawned on her that he actually didn't know her real name until now. In fact, she didn't even know their real names.

"Skywalker, Kenobi. This is my mom, Mandy." Ahsoka gestured towards her mom who gave everyone a little wave. 

"This right here," Skywalker said as he walked towards the women he kissed earlier and placed one hand on her shoulder, while holding one of his children in his other arm. "Is my beautiful wife, Padmè." He said as he gave her a kiss on the cheek. 

"Ani!" She yelled well smacking him lightly on the arm, slightly embarrassed by his actions.

"Ani?" Ahsoka questioned with a hint of laughter, thinking how stupid that name was. 

"It's actually Anakin. But she's known me since I was a kid and my mom used to call me Ani." He explained with a shrug. 

"It's nice to meet you all." Padmè smiled as she kissed the child in her arm. 

"And who are these two?" Boba asked, walking towards the couple and pointing at the two babies. 

"This is Luke and Leia." Padmè answered sweetly, crouching so she was at eye level with him. "Who might you be?" She questioned. 

Rex pulled his brother into him while holding onto his shoulder. "He's my brother, Boba. And that's my dad, Jango." Rex motioned to his father who also waved awkwardly at the crew.

"Who's this pretty lady?" Ahsoka asked as she nodded her head towards the blonde that stood with Kenobi. "This is Satine. She's my fiancée." Kenobi said while kissing her on the cheek. 

"It's lovely to meet you all. Obi-wan has told me so much about you." She smiled while rubbing Kenobi's shoulder. Rex and Ahsoka shared a glance before looking back at the couple.

"Obi-wan. That's a pretty badass name." Rex crossed his arms, smirking before his dad smacked him upside the head. "Ow!" Rex yelped as he turned to his father, arms out to the side as he silently questioned why he smacked him. 

"Language." His fathers stated while pointing at Boba. Everyone bursted out in laughter, even Rex as he apologized to his brother.

"Should we go in and get something to eat?" Kenobi asked, gesturing to the diner. The crowd all agreed, talking about how hungry they all were. 

Ahsoka sat beside Padmè as she placed both of her children into high chairs before sitting down herself, letting out a small hum as she rubbed her temples, fighting the jet lag that threatened to overcome her. 

"So how long have you and Skywalker been married?" Ahsoka asked awkwardly, looking over Padmè who smiled warmly at Ahsoka. 

"Oh gosh." She spoke aloud as she looked up to the ceiling, trying to remember. "About 3 years now. So not too long." She answered before taking a sip of her water. Ahsoka nodded, watching as she made faces at her daughter who was laughing. 

"So, what brings you to Top Gun?" She asked Ahsoka, giving her full attention to the young girl.

 "My brother was a pilot." She answered, looking down at her lap. 

Padmè was fairly decent at catching subtle wording, so when she heard Ahsoka say, "Was a pilot," and saw her body language, she knew he was no longer alive. 

Padmè placed a gentle shoulder on her shoulder, giving her a sympathetic look. "I'm so sorry." She responded, shocking Ahsoka at how quickly she realized. Ahsoka gave her an appreciative smile.

Eventually the group was swapping stories as if they were old friends, laughing at each other's memories.

Ahsoka kept glancing over at the piano that sat in the diner. Her and her brother used to play a bit together, but she hasn't touched one since he left for flight school. It didn't feel right playing without him. 

Satine had noticed Ahsoka seemed to have zoned out of the conversation as she leaned closer to the young girl. "Are you alright?" Satine spoke lowly, placing a hand on top of Ahsoka's that rested on the table. 

Ahsoka looked up at Satine, flashing her a half smile as she nodded before returning her gaze to the piano. Satine followed her gaze before looking back at her. "Do you play?" She asked, removing her hand from Ahsoka's. 

"I used to, I haven't played in three years." Ahsoka shrugged before taking a sip of her orange juice. Satine then smirked before grabbing Ahsoka by the hand and dragging her to the piano and sitting her down on the bench. 

Ahsoka just looked at her in confusion, but before she could even ask, she heard a cheer come from someone at the table. 

"Yeah, Snips! Play something!" Skywalker yelled to her as he raised his glass in the air, Ahsoka rolling her eye's in response. "

Anything for you, Skyguy!" She laughed as she played a few chords on the Piano.

"C'mon, Rexter! You know what's up." She to her RIO who came to her side, Boba following along. 

Ahsoka began to play her song as Rex and his brother sang along. 

You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain, too much love drives a man insane, you broke my will, oh what a thrill. 

The rest of the crew chimed in, Goodness gracious great balls of fire!

A/N

I could not find what Ahsoka's mothers name was for the LIFE OF ME so I just made one up lol. I also hope you guys like the idea of Jango being Rex's dad and Boba being his little brother. This is a very short story so we're almost at the halfway point already.

Let me know if you have any likes or dislikes and I'll try to add it into my next chapter and if not I'll update again in two weeks!

~ Jo