Come Get Her

ELEKTRA

"Two more shots of tequila, please!" I shouted over the loud music to the barman, and he nodded, quickly turning around and grabbing the bottle.

I observed my surroundings, seeing a whole sea of people. Ones I knew, and the other I didn't, but I guess they're just guys that the first ones invited to come with them. I didn't mind it at all, I even think that this party is so good because of lots of people.

I glanced at the dance floor and all the lights, then at the DJ guy, and once I turned around my shots were ready to drink. I didn't think much as I gulped them both down, hissing quietly at the feeling of my throat burning.

Us, means the cast and crew, have a bar rented for the entire night. It made quite an impression but also caused a wave of relief to wash over me. I could let go for the whole night, not stress or worry, and, oh, how I waited for a moment like this. I know I shouldn't, but I'll probably end up being disproportionately intoxicated by the end of our little party.

I was also expecting Johnny to arrive and stop me halfway through. I understand him, though, if something wasn't as fucked up in my brain as it is right now, I'd probably try to save myself, too. The thing is that I moved on to a higher level of not giving a fuck, and I'm too much of a coward to turn back and choose the right path. Life, I guess.

I suddenly locked eyes with a tall, brunette man leaning on a wall nearby the bar. I smiled as he took a sip of, what I presumed was, whiskey with ice, taking a drag out of a cigarette right after. He winked. Fuck, that's hot.

I wondered if the courage I earned from drinking tequila would be enough to maybe drag him to the dance floor, and then.. who knows?

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Johnny. I let out the breath I seemed to be holding while participating in the staring contest.

"You again." I mumbled, bringing a cigarette up to my lips. Damn it, I'm nearly already running out and I'm only getting started here.

"It's nice to see you, too." he replied sarcastically, sitting beside me on a bar stool. "You decided to show up after all?"

I looked in the direction of the interesting male representative in who's eyes I got so caught up earlier, only to find out that he was still studying my face and cleavage, since the second one wasn't so modestly covered with the sorta V-neck shirt I was wearing.

I turned to Johnny.

"Don't look up to fast, but there's a man standing over there by the wall." he got the hint, his gaze still fixed on me as I was talking. "What do you think?"

Few seconds had passed before he glanced at the mysterious guy, but when he did, you could easily notice it wasn't just brief, but kind of heavy. His brows furrowed a bit.

"Six out of ten, I'd say. Pretty average. Why-" he started but then I guess he saw the smirk on my face. "Don't you even-"

"Why not?" I argued. "He looks pretty decent."

"You've had too many drinks,"

"Says who?"

He looked me in the eyes in a way where after few seconds I had to avert mine.

"El, don't start."

"What?" I said innocently. "I'm just asking you to loose some tonight. Just tonight."

"Do whatever you want. If you wanna go and do something stupid - go. There's no point in stopping you." he answered, I don't know if mad or just agitated.