chapter ten

Avengers Compound

Steve had been in his sister's office more frequently since he had gotten out of the hospital and he hadn't heard anything from her. He tore her office apart centimeter by centimeter hoping there could have been a possibility for something, but he knew deep down there wasn't anything. It kept him busy. It kept him from constantly thinking about her statement to get Bucky to believe her and try to fight the brainwash. His little sister had been pregnant a long time ago and he had no idea. He was going to be an uncle before everything happened, and he just couldn't get past the fact that she didn't tell him.

Tony and Bruce had been working on some kind of project together in the lab that was going to be this futuristic breakthrough, but Steve wasn't focused on what that was all about. He needed to find Bucky and get some kind of proof that Eliza wasn't dead.

"Steve, Steve," Sam busted through the door snapping Steve's attention from his current rummaging of her files. Files he had no legal right being in, but this isn't his first time doing something illegal. "I got some news."

"Is it intel on Eliza and Bucky?"

"It's a location on Eliza and Bucky," Sam gave a confident smirk.

"You're joking," Steve couldn't contain his excitement that there had been something so precise as a location.

"Romania," Sam simply nodded.

"Romania? Why the hell would they be in Romania?"

"Couple's get away?" Sam joked as he walked toward Steve with a newspaper in hand. He handed the paper to Steve where Steve saw some hand-written notes off to the side: "purple glow" Steve examined the article as he saw pictures and you could barely see, but he made out Bucky's face, although this article just had to do with political views going on in Romania, it was pictures of the culture and community, and sure enough Bucky had gotten caught.

"What's purple glow mean?" Steve looked up.

"My eyes over there saw a purple glow in the hotel that Bucky had gone in. Your sister got some weird abilities?"

Steve shook his head as he went through the newspaper, "No, she's just like me."

Romania, Europe

I had been sitting outside the hotel on one of the benches with a mug of coffee in my hands as my mind kept wondering back to the other night when Bucky and I had been getting intimate. This memory thing had happened twice now and it has only happened with Bucky granted I hadn't been around anyone else, I was still worried what was going on. When I had confronted Bucky about the thing I had seen, he had told me it was something he had been having nightmares about, he said he was scared of hurting me. I had left Bucky upstairs this morning as I had just needed time to be alone and think, and times like this were when I needed Natasha or Tony.

Steve was just a worry wart when it came to something about my life.

I felt the phone in my back pocket urging me to call my brother for help, but like I had thought so many times, I was with Bucky now and I wanted to enjoy this time with him. It was me and Bucky alone. I pushed the loose baby hairs of my messy bun back as I got up from the bench to head back inside to check on Bucky, because he was having nightmares a lot more the past couple of days, and I didn't want him to wake up freaking out from a nightmare and I wasn't there.