chapter 8

Anne's provo

You sit on the ground, against the wall, right where Harry left you. You are trying not to cry and keep yourself together. You accepted that Harry dragged Sarah into the kitchen, you had no power left to demonstrate. That's when you hear a kick, swinging the door open. You see Harry standing, holding your sister in his arms. 

'W-what have you done to her?'

'Nothing, we were having a conversation, and she blacked out'

You don't believe him, obviously. 

'Lay her on the sofa and leave' You bring out, trying to prevent your sobs from escaping your mouth during the sentence. 

'No, I want to apologise.'

'You have done enough here'

He laid your sister down, as you asked but he wasn't going to leave. You decide to accept the fact that the jerk is staying and sigh. You look at Sarah, and then to Harry, who is having a panicked look in his eyes. Maybe he does care. 

You go and sit on the same sofa as your sister is laying on and tears begin to stream down your face. You gently strike her face and decide to grab a towel and some warm water. When you come back, you see that Harry now is sitting next to your sister. And what's that? Are his eyes watery? You walk towards them and hand Harry, who's quickly trying to wipe away his tears, the wet towel. You sit down on the other sofa and observe the curly haired boy, softly striking your sister's cheeks with the towel.

Sarah's provo

You open your eyes, and lowly moan. Wait, where are you? What's happening? You look around and see your little sister is sitting on the sofa, with red spots around her eyes. She's cried. But then you look up and when you see a pair of bright green eyes, you jump.

'What happened?'

You ask. Your head is hurting and so are your legs. 

'Erm, we were talking, and you kind of blacked out.'

Harry says. Wait. 

'What's up with your eyes'

'Nothing, it's just some dust'

Yeah, sure. A dust. 

Harry's provo

You look down at this beautiful girl, lying on the sofa. She'll never trust you. She thinks I'm a complete douche. Why did I have to get drunk that night. I really liked Anne, I really did. But the first time I saw Sarah, I felt something different. I never experienced anything like that before. And now, I ruined it. Well done, Harry, way to go. I stand up. 

'You're right, I-I think I should leave'

Anne only nods and you walk to the door. You're still desperately trying to keep the sobs escaping. Come on, Harry, you're a dude. Dudes don't cry. You start walking torch the café, the break is probably almost over.

When I enter, Annabel looks up from the glasses she's washing behind the bar. 

'You're early, wait, where's Sarah?'

'She's not feeling so well, so she stayed at home'

You say, sparing her all the unnecessary details. Like that she blacked out because of you. Ok. That's enough, you don't have to cry at your work. You try to set your thoughts at another subject when you walk trough the kitchen door. The boys are looking at you.

'Hey curly' Scott says, in a teasing tone. He knows I hate my nickname

'Where is the chick?' Ron starts his interrogation. He has always been this way. He tries to be polite, but to strangers, it's a bit terrifying that Ron overwhelms you with questions all the time.

'Yeah, so, she, she was feeling, ermm, like, she was basically feeling not so well'

'Tell us the truth, curly' 

You sigh, but eventually decide to tell them.

*next day*

Sarah's provo

so, I have recovered from the black out. Annabel called me yesterday, to ask if I was feeling a little better. Today is my day of and i'm going to relax. I decided with Anne that we're not going to tell all this to mom and dad. It'll ruin their well-deserved vacation. And they don't need to worry about their daughters.

I look at the clock. 9.08. Time to get up and make some breakfast. You put quickly a sweater on (yeah, you sleep only in your brah, and since you and your sister are not very handy with the washing- machine, you have to sleep in a thong, because that was the only underwear you had left) You walk downstairs, still a bit dizzy and find your little sis sitting on the kitchen table. She made us a breakfast for two and we smiled at each-other. How sweet is she.

'wauw, thanks'

She smiles in agreement, knowing she is proud of herself, doing this all by herself. Even though she's only one year younger than me, i'm way more mature.

We start eating in silence, when she interrups the peace;

'What did you and Harry talked about yesterday?'

You're really not in the mood for this conversation. But you feel kind of sorry being mean to her, when she's trying so hard. She made this breakfast all by herself.

'Erm, I said that he had to stop hurting you'

You see your sister's tears coming up behind her eyes.

'I have to ask you something too, 

Do you still like him'

Anne sighs, looks down at her hands but answers;

'No, I don't think so anymore'

Ok, Sarah, you have to say it. Now's the time.

'He told me he liked me'

Your sisters eyes widened, and her mouth opened. But there aren't coming any words out of it.

'Do- Do you like him?'

'No' I said determined, knowing that somewhere, deep inside, it's not totally true

________

HEY, so, basically, I have 6 minutes until my internet gets blocked by my dad (yeah, he's nice, i know) so i have to hurry,,,

My h on my keybord is being a bitch, so if there's one missing somewhere, you can blame my stupid shit laptop. 

Oh, and I'm deeply sorry for all the provo switches, but I was just in the mood for it lol

And, I have just seen the red nose day video so I'm emotionally damaged atm, but I wanted to post this chapter tonight :) 

ope you guys liked it, please vote, comment, and you know all that stuff

byee xo Veerle