Newfound Abilities

Turning back to him you shook your head. You couldn't wrap your head around not being hurt for messing up...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His already sad look saddened further at your answer. You only just noticed that the others were looking at you with the same look. You still didn't understand. Why weren't any of them getting their weapons at the ready to hurt you? You were so confused, scared and helpless...you started to wish you could go back to the other place...the place you had called home for your entire life...this place was strange. The people talked funny, they had new weird words and they didn't want to hurt you. How did they expect you to learn if you weren't being hurt? With a sorrowful sigh, Spy stood back up. He outstretched a hand to you.

"Do you want to try again?" You paused a moment. You didn't know why he had his hand out to you. For a moment you thought he was going to finally hit you until it didn't move from its spot in front of you...what were you supposed to do with it? He noticed this and slowly reached his hand down until yours was cupped in his. This was a weird feeling. It was...oddly comforting...he led you back to the table and, with his help, you were sat back in your chair. Everyone continued to watch you but that wasn't really a problem for you. You grew up with people constantly studying you after all. You looked at the items in front of you, then back up to the masked man. He gave you a slight nod and you continued with what you were doing. You carefully pressed the fork onto the piece of food, just like he had. You were careful to do it just like him this time. You then raised it to your mouth and took your first bite. Your eyes lit up. What was this magical substance?! What was the feeling on your tongue?! What was this?! It was...good! With the happily surprised look on your face the men around the table smiled. You looked as if you had just seen a unicorn!...though they doubted you even knew what that was...you turned back to the masked man and he gave you a slight smile, though it looked as if he was trying to hide it from the others. You gave him a wide smile. You did it! You didn't mess up this time! You were so happy you could make them happy.

"Good! Now, why don't yah finish up darlin? Plenty of it to eat" you turned your head to the man who spoke and nodded. You continued to properly cut and eat your food while the table seemed to grow more lively. Conversations started left and right. You didn't mind though. You preferred it when you weren't being studied. Soon all of them had finished eating. You were on your last bite when the tall lab coat man walked up to you. 

"172...it's about time for jour checkup" you placed your fork down slowly. You didn't dare disobey anyone in a lab coat. You stood from your chair and next to as straight as your back would allow. You held an emotionless look on your face. The only thing that gave away your fear was the ruffle of your feathers when he looked toward you. Though his facial expression also held no emotion, his mind wandered when he saw the way your wings acted. It was the same way they did when you were backed into a corner with his Archimedes.

'Hmm...is she scared of me?' His intrusive thoughts cut into his mind. He shook them off though. His top priority right now was to make sure you were healthy. He began walking and you followed after him. His mind quickly got distracted as he walked through the familiar halls.
'Vhy vas Archimedes protecting her from anyvay? He knows us...and he never cares for anyvone found in mein medbay...vhat made him so interested in her? Vas it ze vings? Did he like ze vings? Hmm...strange...is she part dove? No, no zat vould be nonsense...right? I vill have to-" his thoughts were cut short when he heard slight panting behind him. He turned to see that you were not beside him, but instead a couple feet behind him trying desperately to keep up. He stopped his walking and waited for you to catch up. He was so used to people being able to easily walk beside him that he forgot you were just a small child...small bird...small creature? Once you caught up he began walking once again but this time, a little slower.