New Information

Soon due to a lack of energy your mind finally drifted back to sleep...but you still couldn't get the images of that dream out of your head...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spy woke up earlier than most days. He groggily pressed the off button on the alarm he had set as he pulled himself from his bed. After stretching and hearing a few pops come from his body, he pulled himself from the bed and got ready for the day. Donning his red striped suit he left his room and began walking down the silent halls. Spy was never usually up at this hour but he knew he had to get to the phone before Scout did. God only knows what type of exaggerated speech he would give on 'the bird person' that had hurt his ego so badly. Spy grimaced at the words Scout had chosen. As much as Spy would never admit it to anyone he rather liked you. Sure you weren't exactly human but he could tell you were nothing more than a little girl without control overpowers beyond your understanding. Not to mention that you were rather smart and mature- or more so obedient for a child your age. It was hard not to get attached to those wide innocent eyes. It was a part of the human condition to care for and protect children and it seems, even if he had failed with his actual child, that he was falling victim to that instinctual feeling, as much as he would like to suppress it right now. As the phone drew closer Spy felt an eerie sense of dread take him over. His gut feeling was telling him that all of this seemed wrong. That there was something off about this...trying to ignore the growing pit in his stomach, he stepped up to the phone. Pulling the phone off the wall he pressed a few familiar numbers. It rang only once before he heard the familiar feminine voice.

"Pauling speaking" her voice seemed rushed and rather stressed. Not too different from how she usually spoke but something about it was off to Spy.

"Bonjour Ms. Pauling"

"Hey Spy- look now really isn't the time for a friendly chat. I'm really busy right now. Why are you calling?" she went straight to the point. Spy found it strange considering Ms. Pauling almost always was up for at least a few friendly words, or just embarrassing herself trying to mimic accents for a few minutes...

Something wasn't right...

"Well Ms. Pauling is it anyzing I can 'elp wiz?" Spy, as per his nature, dug for information.

"Well unless you can help with a burnt down building and searching for a missing person then n- wait you can help me with that! Tell me, have you seen-...you're not going to believe me..." She seemed to be speaking to herself while talking to him at the same time which made her sentences confusing. Still, Spy was getting much-needed information...and the conclusion he was coming to was not something he was expecting...

"Please Ms. Pauling. Even if I don't believe you it does seem zat you require assistance. It would be smarter to ask." He continued digging. There was silence on the other line for a moment and in that moment Spy tried to figure out where she might be. Listening to the distant sounds from the other side of the phone he could hear multiple car engines but the sound of moving air led him to believe she was outside.

"...alright, I think I can trust you with this...look this might sound crazy but there's this little girl and...she has wings...now I know that sounds impossible but listen! She somehow- she ran away! She um...she is very important to the administrator. I really shouldn't be telling you this but I can use all the help I can get. The girl is very dangerous. If you happen to see her then there should be a number on her clothing. Call that and we'll come get her. She needs to be brought back and handled by properly trained doctors and scientists. You think you could keep an eye out for her?" Spy was shocked still for a moment. The description was too similar to be anyone else...

It all made too much sense...

"Spy? Look I'm not crazy! Just- keep an eye out okay?" Ms. Pauling pleaded. Spy very quickly composed himself. He had to think fast.

"...I will call if I see anyzing..." A sigh of relief was heard from the phone.

"Thanks Spy-"

"INCOMING!"

"SHIT-" loud gunshots rang from the other side of the phone followed by screeches that didn't sound too human.
"I have to go! Call me if you see anything-" The phone went dead. He listened to the ringing of the dead phone for a moment longer. He was frozen as he was left to wonder...

What was he supposed to do now?

He couldn't give you back! You were half dead when they found you and with how you acted and the pictures you had drawn...

There was no way he was handing you back...

And Ms. Pauling was in on this? He would have never thought she would have aloud something so...wrong...what was he supposed to tell the others? There's no way anyone would believe this!

"Spy! Da hell are you up to?!" The Bostonian voice rang in his ears. Spy finally placed the phone down and turned to Scout with the same look of slight annoyance he always gave him.

"After your little outburst last night we all agreed it would be better to call Ms. Pauling and see if she can 'elp. Zat is what I was doing" Scout went through a couple of emotions before deciding on a slight smirk.

"So you guys listened ta me?" Scout spoke with his ego dripping into each word. Spy felt the urge to insult him but decided against it. Scout might try to call Ms. Pauling again if he thought Spy was lieing and end up teller her about you.

"Oui" Spy stroked Scout's ego in hopes that he would let it go. It was very effective considering Spy never admitted that Scout was right...

ever...

A wide and clearly cocky smile spread onto Scout's face. Spys strategy had worked.

"Yeah, I knew you guys would. I have da best ideas" Scout tried to act cool about it which only made him look more ridiculous. Slowly Scout's smile faded as a look of curiosity slipped onto his face.
"...what did she say anyway?" Spy paused for a second and, to not let the pause seem suspicious, he pulled a cigarette from his suit and placed it on his lips. He lit it and took a rather long drag, releasing it slowly as an idea finally popped into his mind.

"...we will need to 'ave anozer meeting..." Spy distracted Scout as he avoided the question. Scout's features very quickly turned to a look of annoyance.

"Really?! Anotha meetin?! Couldn't ya just get everyone together and tell them real quick?!" Spy had to fight off a smirk. Schadenfreude often came for him in moments like this.

"Zat is ze definition of a meeting" Spy cooly replied. That got a very annoyed groan from the boy.

"Whateva! Can we at least eat first? That meeting before lunch was some bullshit!" Spy looked slightly annoyed though he was thankful to have some more time to think before figuring out what he was going to tell everyone.

"Oui. We will have ze meeting after battle" Scout glared at Spy for a moment before walking off in a huff. Once the boy was gone Spy let out a slight sigh of relief. At least he had Scout controlled...

For now...

Now he had to think about what was going to tell everyone. How was he going to break this news? Would they even believe him? Would the others still try to get rid of you? Should you stay here? Where else would you go?

So many questions with so many unfavorable answers...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright guys so I posted some art about this books a bit ago and it got some good feedback! Thanks for that!

I also wanted to say that anyone can make art inspired by this book if they want. I would love if you guys could send me whatever masterpieces you make!

If you want me to see your art then just post it in a book and tag me!

Anyway have a good rest of your day and thanks for the support. I know I don't talk to y'all as much but I really do appreciate you guys <3