iii

1995 year.

supporting jim at the basketball tournament.

the stands in the sports hall were completely filled, as almost the entire school came to the sports competitions. visually, the sports field could be divided into two parts, one of which was occupied by guys from a catholic school, and the second from ours. somewhere inside they knew that the boys from the catholic school would win, and they would win not because they shot heroin, but because jim carroll was with them.

jim carroll was exactly what all the students of the school (and especially the girls) tried to fit into the gym. but you were in a hurry to upset them that jim was dating you.

you and the girls went to the playground and took a special place for cheerleaders. mickey nudged jim with his shoulder and pointed his finger at you. you winked at jim discreetly and waited for the referee's signal.

your relationship was a secret since you were the school's head cheerleader, and having an affair with a catholic boy could create problems for both of you. but Jim knew you were rooting for him. he knew it even if you didn't tell him.

5 days ago

"why would you go to practice if you know perfectly well you're going to win?" y/n was sitting in jim's sports t-shirt on his desk, flipping through his math notebook

"are you so sure of me?" jim looked at y/n with a smirk. he was wearing sweatpants, and his naked torso was what the girl's eyes stuck to.

"i think even more than you" y/n tossed the notebook "i was hired as a cheerleader, but you should know that I'm only rooting for you." she leaned her feet on Jim's. "don't walk on this..."

"anyway, i'm not leaving until you give me the t-shirt" he started fiddling with the t-shirt y/n "i need you to tell me something more to dissuade me."

"well... i can come to the stadium dressed like this and do a cheerleading dance for you... on the hood of your car..." y/and started taking off her t-shirt "and..."

"and..." jim stepped between y/n's legs and helped take off the t-shirt.

"scream that you're better than michael jordan" y/n bit her lip and pulled herself up to jim, who was laying her down on the desk.

nowadays

you and jim shook your head and the referee blew his whistle. a battle began, which had to be watched without blinking. there was the best team of the best school in new york and the guys from the catholic school, whom everyone was so heatedly discussing.

you were repeating the school anthem making movements that half the guys in the audience were looking at, but you just wanted to stop and watch jim play, because so much depended on this game. he could be taken to the basketball players of the american academy. you talked about it very often, but there was a feeling that it was more important to you than to him. so you mentally prayed that luck was on his side.

you get headaches from screaming in the background when you perform acrobatic movements, say the school anthem, thinking about the fate of jim. it all ended the moment the referee whistled, pointing at the scoreboard. you squinted to see the numbers and grinned.

"25:14 in favor of St. Vitus' school," declared the judge.

ovations were heard in honor of the winners, and the losers bowed their heads down. you saw the guys hugging and start tossing jim. the girls start to say something to you, but without listening to them you run to the center of the hall, jump on jim wrapping your legs around his waist and kiss him.

hundreds of people looked at you with jim and your secret ceased to exist.

____________________

* Michael Jeffrey Jordan is an American basketball player and former NBA player. The best basketball player in history. Played as an attacking defender. Jordan was instrumental in popularizing basketball and the NBA around the world in the 1980s and 1990s. Two-time Olympic champion.