vii

1997 year.

you and jim are having fun on the basketball court

you and jim spent the whole evening on the basketball court. the fact is that jim had a competition in another state tomorrow, and you asked him to go to practice with him. honestly, you knew he was a god in this sport. everyone knew that. and you told him that the only thing he needed was to relax and get some sleep, but he always answered the same way: "repetition is the mother of learning" or "come on, y/n, you don’t have extra training ," and here you are on the basketball court in the park and feed the mosquitoes with him.

jim moved elastically, as if hiding from opponents and throwing the ball into the basket. while you were sitting on a small fence that protected the playground from the stands. you tried to help him playing the role of a striker, but being not as strong as jim in this game, he easily took the ball away from you sulking and saying that you give in to him and that you don't need to feel sorry for him.
you once again saw jim throw the ball into the ring "oh my god jimmy, you're so talented, you're just a god of basketball, you're incredible in this game" you started shouting compliments to him, to which he distracted himself from the game and smiled at you with his sweet smile "you're so excellent jim, i envy myself that i'm dating such a talented and invincible basketball player," you started doing acrobatic moves that go into the cheerleader dance while still shouting praise for jim.

jim threw the ball to the side and sat down in the place where you were just sitting. "this is my favorite dance!" he put his hands to his mouth, as if shouting into a loudspeaker while you were doing various wheels and flips.

you've finished your splits dance. jim clapped his hands, came up behind you and, putting his hands under your armpits, pulled you up, lifting you up. he kissed you on the neck and put his hands on your waist: "you are my best cheerleader", he hugged you closer to him: "I'm grateful to you like no one else," he nuzzled your shoulder.

"even for the fact that I'm rooting for another team" you mentioned those moments when jim's team came to your school for competitions and you had to root for the team that defended the honor of your school.

"you're rooting only for me. just for me, and i'm grateful to you for that. you are my motivator to move on, y/n"you felt him close his eyes" you are so incredible. god, if you only knew that! i... i just...i just don't understand what you found in me..." his voice became quieter when he spoke into your neck: "everyone just wants you. you're the best student in school, you go to the olympiads in subjects, you're the main cheerleader, fuck, every guy in the locker room discusses you. your beauty and energy are incredible," his voice became weaker, "and i'm just jim, who plays basketball because there's nothing else he can do. i have to match you somehow, you know? if i quit basketball, i will.. i'll just feel like zero next to you."you turned to face him, looking at his lowered head. your hand took his cheek, trying to look into his face, but he turned his head to the side. what's wrong with this boy?

"jim, look at me" you gently brushed the hair that covered his face "jimmy" he slowly turned and looked at you, his blue eyes were looking right at you. his blue eyes. they were the key to your heart "baby, you can't buy love" you rubbed his cheek with your thumb "i love you not because you play basketball, not because you have great abs and a bunch of awards on the shelf. i love you for being sincere, for being hardworking, for being humble in your own way" you still looked him in the eye "even if you quit basketball and started playing the piano, i would still be with you" he grinned, remembering, as i tried to play a melody on a musical instrument for your grandmother, but it was so terrible that the neighbors had to knock on the door with the complaint "i love you, and this will change nothing", you smoothly switched to a whisper.

his eyes became like crystal and he kissed you. you responded to the kiss by putting your hands on his neck, thereby pulling him closer and deepening the kiss "i love you y/n" his hands tightened around you.

you snuggled up to him, hiding your face in his chest, rubbing his back with your palm. comfort. this is the only thing that was spinning in the head of both of them "hey, who has a competition tomorrow?" you pulled away from him running up to the basketball "take it away from me" you winked at him and threw the ball towards the basket, but unfortunately it flew past.

jim giggled watching you try to throw the ball into the basket in a jump, because the ring was too high for you. jim came closer while you were jumping, took you by the waist, threw you higher, and the ball finally hit exactly the target. you jumped for joy and clung to jim, laughing with him.

he was a god in this game.