12.Better an egg than an eggshel

After a few hours of walking they finally arrived to the Forest Terminal.

"I can't believe it. We're actually here." Takuya said as the group walked into the foggy forest.
"My legs can't believe it." JP groaned.
"There's the sign. Forest Terminal." Takuya said when they all walked up to an old wooden sign that had the name written on it in black letters.
"Um, but shouldn't there be a Trailmon here?" Asked Koji as they all looked around the abandoned station.
"Yeah, really." Zoe said.
"Well, maybe they're on their way back now. Or, uh, you know, uh, be...Oh, I don't know." Takuya said confused.

"Don't try so hard, Takuya, you might fry your brain by overworking it." Said Nayna looking around feeling the glare from the brunette.
"Hey, who cares about the Trailmon, there's a restaurant here!" JP said excitedly as they all turned to see a small hut.

They started to head, except for Nayna who remained and looked around.

She suddenly heard loud noises coming from the small building so decided to go there only to see everyone heading out angrily.

"What happened?" She asked amused.

"That was the worst food I ever ate." Said Takuya revolted.

"I can't even call it food." Said JP just as revolted.

"Ok, then, let's go..."

They walked back into the foggy land outside and continued walking along to where they hopefully were supposed to go.
"Let's go." Koji said taking the lead this time, everyone getting to the station that was also deserted. "This place is empty too."
"Yeah and just a little bit creepy." Zoe said.
"Keep your eyes peeled guys." Takuya said as he moved back to the front.
"For what? All we can see is fog." JP said.

Suddenly Nayna got a pang like feeling making her in another direction.

"This way." She said as she started walking, the others following.
"Well, there has to be something here." Takuya said as they came up close to the huge tree.
"But what if they're all...ghosts?" JP gulped as they walked up the inside of the tree that was some sort of building and had a long swirling staircase.
Everyone groaned nervously but Koji and Nayna.
"I guess we have no choice but to keep walking." Takuya said as they come out of the tree and were walking onto the large branch. They soon came to a fork in the branch.
"Great. Now what?" The Warrior of Flame asked.
Tommy's D-tector started acting up, making the boy pull it out.
A 3D map appeared on it, pointing in the right direction. They all walked up the new path until they came to a group of trees folding down on the path.
"Tommy, it's a dead end." The goggle head said turning back to them.
"Are you sure it wasn't the other way?" Zoe asked the little boy.
JP's D-tector started acting too, so he pulled it out as it started glowing. He pointed it and the trees moved out of the way.
"And for my next trick." The Warrior of Thunder joked with a smile as they started walking yet again.

The higher they went, the thicker the fog was getting, the kids watching their steps carefully.
"Man, I can't see a thing with this fog." Takuya said.
"I know, we could be attacked." Koji said.
"Hey, maybe my D-tector's good for something too." Zoe said as she pulled out her own device as it started beeping too.
A pink light flooded around them, winds sweeping around and blowing away the fog. They all gasped at the sight of the crystal palace that was revealed.
"I hate it when I'm right." Zoe said softly.
They all continued walking up the wooden stairs and saw the palace in front of them.
"Wow, this place is beautiful." Tommy gasped in amazement.
"Doesn't mean it's not dangerous." Koji said.
"What if this is where the person from the D-tector lives? We did get a message to come here." Tommy said.
"Well, should I knock?" JP asked.
"I still don't think it's safe." Koji said.
It seemed like his D-tector was contradicting what he said as it beeped and made the doors open for them.
"Well, at least they're polite, I guess." Takuya said.
"Yeah, that or they're eager to lure us in there." JP said.