[ 1 ]

It must have been four in the afternoon by the time Jaehyun was able to leave the meeting, which was as pointless as the coffee that was placed on his desk before the meeting.

As he finally sunk into the leather chair within his main office, the sounds of feet pitter pattering their way to him left him tensing, ready to embrace impact.

"Daddy!" Jaemin screamed, jumping into the tall male while Jisung only waddled to his legs and flopped his upper body on his Dad's knee.

Jaehyun smiled his dimpled smile before eyeing the door where Mark stood patiently in his pressed suit.

"Would you like me to take them out Sir?"

Jaehyun shook his head and waved his hand, "No it's okay Mr Lee, I think I might head home early and spend some time with them like I promised."

The boy's eyes sparkled after hearing those words.

"You're keeping your promise this time?" Jaemin asked, the question stinging Jaehyun a little before nodding.

He doesn't intentionally break these promises. It's just hard to run a business and be a single dad at the same time.

"Yup, so are you going to get your little butts off me so we can get home?"

The boys had never moved faster.

It was a quiet journey home, filled with silent smiles of the boys overwhelming joy that they were getting time to spend with their dad.

Jaehyun slowly pulled into the driveway of the isolated small mansion, headlights beaming into the surrounding forest through the darkness.

"Alright little monsters, what would you like me to cook you for dinner?" Jaehyun asked, slowly pulling before the garage door.

"Daddy is going to cook dinner, not Mr Jungwoo?"

The father nodded, guiding his son's into the household to remove their shoes and rid themselves of their bags and coats.

Just as they were about to enter the kitchen, Jaehyun's phone suddenly begins to ring.

He unlinks his hands from the two boys and retrieves the phone from his pocket, glancing at the screen briefly to see his personal assistant's name appear.

With a tap and and swift movement to his ear, he answers the phone, unconsciously placing his spare hand into his suit pocket.

"Yes Mr Lee, I was just about to- really? That was fast." Jaehyun immediately turned to his boys and pointed to his phone, "Go wait in the kitchen for me, I've just got to take this call."

Jaemin bit the inside of his cheek before sighing, immediately storming off disappointedly into the kitchen with Jisung silently following behind him.

"He lied again, always answering the phone before us!" He heard the blondes loud voice echo throughout the empty home.

The father could only sigh, shaking his tired head before running up the stairs to his office while on the phone to his secretary, Mr Lee, also known as Mark.

... ... ...

At some point during the night, Mr Jungwoo popped his head around the corner with his standard friendly smile before whispering to his Boss.

"The boys have been fed and tucked into bed."

Jaehyun furrowed his brows, muting his microphone, "I was meant to cook them dinner tonight."

Jungwoo shook his head and tapped his watch, "It's been over two hours sir, it's late so I fed them and sent them to bed."

The tall male glanced at the time on his screen before running a hand through his red, jelled back hair, "It's 10:45 already? ... Where did the time go?"

He quietly pardoned Jungwoo a goodnight before abruptly bidding his goodnight to the office team on the phone, leaving the rest to continue the following morning.

Jaehyun tip toed to the boy's room where light snores were emitted from the darkness. There was a noticeable glow coming from the corner of the room.

Upon looking further at it, the father realised it was Jaemin shining a light on a book, reading it silently.

"Jaemin." Jaehyun spoke, startling the blonde boy slightly, "It's late, put the book down and go to sleep." He whispered.

At first, the boy ignored his father until he was asked a second time. He huffed and put everything on the floor, rolling on his side with a sigh.

"I wish mom was here, she would have looked after us better."

Jaehyun didn't retaliate to those words, he knew they were true. If she was still around at least they would get one parent that could keep their promises.

"Goodnight Jaemin." He whispered before leaving the room to his very own.

Walking into the solemn room, Jaehyun undressed himself on his way to the bathroom, eventually hopping into the shower with only one thought repeating in his mind.

'I'm a bad father. They deserve better.'

Drying himself and placing on a pair of box briefs, Jaehyun made his way to the small sofa in the room before the fire place and TV.

He laid his damp wet head upon the small cushion and pulled the small blanket over his body.

The bed behind him remained untouched, pristine and empty. Not one crease or fold disturbed the remains of the Kings size bed.

Nothing has for quite some time.

         ~~ Hellooo

After much long awaited  time I have finally decided to start to write and publish my second book, a spin-off to Dad's | Jaeyong.

Yes I was going to do a Nomin Sequel, and I still am! However I've just had more inspiration with this book than the others ( yes otherS, plural ;3 ).

Fear not, I shall be uploading and writing more than one book, so look forward to some future updates teehee ;D

If you have any suggestions or questions feel free to comment or pm me. Until then I shall see you in the next chapter <3

                                              ~~ Noodle 💜