[ 5 ]

The following morning Taeyong is walking around the Cafe floor serving stray customers while a phone rests up against his ear, held by the support of his shoulder.

"Mr Hwang? I'm just calling to ask for an extension of my leave time. I have way too much stuff to move in a short amount of time with little money-"

The line was hung up immediately.

Taeyong sighed, realising that despite all his efforts, he will in the end have to be moved out by the weekend.

"No." Taeyong said firmly to himself, going straight to his phone and looking up the council of the area. It's only occurred to him now that this must be illegal to force and threat someone out of their home.

Surely this is not proper procedures.

When the last customer left, he hastily locked the Cafe up, leaving a proper sign on the door to make note of his absence and early closing - not that anyone cared.

He held onto his bag tightly and began his march to the council office. He knew he was cutting it late, but this was his last chance.

Alas, the short adult didn't notice a suspicious black van parked across the street in an alley, watching his every move.

~ [ 5:37 pm ] ~

Taeyong walked home with a smile on his face, and a slip piece of paper with an appointment on it tight in his grasp.

After much waiting and nail biting hours, he managed to give a brief summary of his situation and was granted an appointment with the council tomorrow morning.

They told him it sounds promising of a sue and damage claims for the mental and physical stress it has caused him.

He even was comfortable enough to explain his medical condition and proof of diagnosis, explaining the landlord was more than aware of this.

However the happiness of his once silver lining was clouded when he saw his Cafe door, glass smashed everywhere, swing back and forth in the wind hitting against wall with a ~bang~ .

Taeyong rushed to the door only to fall to his knees. Everywhere had been torn apart. Wooden chairs turned into splinters, leather seats cut into, paintings unmounted and damaged.

Holes in the walls, glass everywhere, lights falling from the ceiling, counter tops crumbling apart, even his home upstairs had looked like a tornado had waltzed in and out.

As the older rushed upstairs to see the state of his home, belongings broken and disregarded as meaningless, he collapsed onto his knees.

Taeyong ran his hand through his brown hair in attempts at focusing on his breathing. His mouth had become dry and he could feel his heart accelerate in his chest.

It was by fortune that Jaehyun thought about stopping by at the Cafe to see how Taeyong was doing.

As much as he didn't like it, the older was on his mind all day. It made him remember his state yesterday, so he wanted to check up on how he was doing so he could ease his mind.

But it was one of the worst and best things he had ever done.

"Taeyong!" Jaehyun yelled, stepping on the glass at the entrance of the cafe.