[ 3 ]

~ [ 9:01 am ] ~

Taeyong arrived early to the cafe before his staff friends, cleaning and preparing to give the father his sons coat and teddy bear back.

He didn't understand why he was looking forward to seeing him again, but his presence that surrounded him, his eyes, that smile. It was like life was being breathed back into him.

As he lingered by the counter with his eyes looking down at the coat and teddy, the sound of the Cafe bell ringing in response to the door opening makes Taeyong snap his head up.

However, Taeyong's optimistic eyebrows fall as he see's Haechan come in with a smile, which also falls to see his Boss' disappointed face.

"Well good morning to you too. How come I put a frown on your face?" He asked, slightly offended.

Taeyong shook his head and waved his hands apologetically, "No Haechan you didn't do that, you're just not who I expected."

The young males face formed a devious smile, "And who are you meant to be expecting, a date perhaps?"

The older dismissed his mischievous grin and went back to looking like he was doing something important at the till - as a boss should - but was secretly watching the door.

Another ding ringed at his cafe door, but this time he subtly looked up from the register. Doyoung smiled as he removed his coat and made his way to the back of the cafe where the staff room was located.

Taeyong ran a hand through his brown hair. So much time had gone by, it was now or never for these items... what if he creeped him out and he didn't want to see him? Surely that never happened?

His thoughts were silenced by another repetitive ring of the door.

As Taeyong rose his brown orbs, heart thrashing against the cages of his chest in anticipation of waiting for so long, it was all shattered within a second as his eyes landed on Jungwoo.

"Hey Taeyong, just came here on Mr Jung's behalf to see if Jaemin and Jisung left some things here yesterday."

Hope. He hoped he would have bumped into him again today just to see his face when returning his sons items. Was he silly to think a guy like him, with children, would ever be interested in a low-middle class guy like him?

"Oh. Yes! I put them under here for you as I thought you'd be back for them unlike other customers." Taeyong faintly smiled, reaching under the counter and pulling out a small coat and teddy bear.

Jungwoo sighed in relief, "Thank goodness, Jisung was up all night as he couldn't find his teddy, didn't even realise he brought it here with him in the first place."

As willing as a friend Taeyong is to listen to Jungwoo's issues, he sadly didn't have the heart or desire to listen like he usually does.

For some reason, that man had the power to change his mood for the entire day. He shouldn't have, but he does.

"-Alright." Jungwoo abruptly says at the end of his rant with a smile, "I'll let you get back to work as you seem quite busy. Take care!"

He wasn't busy at all, now he wishes he was so there was something to take his mind off of this pathetic feeling in his chest.