Chapter 5: A New Chapter

"You really are a dummy you know?"

You offered Akko a tissue, who was quick to take it as she blew her nose loudly into it. The bed she was laying in creaking with how hard she went.

"Ohh...I think I ate too much of that cake." Akko blew her nose on the other side of the already used tissue, a small smile creeping on her face as she dropped the tissue onto a pile of other used tissues. "Totally worth it."

"You should have told me bunnies can't have too many carrots, I mean just look at the state you are in right now." You said, the concern clear in your voice as you planted your hand on Akko's forehead. Noting how hot she felt. "It's like nothing and everything I've ever seen before."

Akko wagged her finger weakly. "Well you're the one taking care of animals, you should have known better and not tempted me."

You narrowed your eyes. "You're literally the bunny hybrid in this room. How did you never even barf back during your thieving days?"

"I stored my hoard up and moderated how much I took, should have probably thought of a better hiding place than my bed though...Oh well, I at least got that great cake in the end!" A giggle would leave Akko.

Your eyes would soften. "I guess that is something to keep in mind for the future then." Heading towards the door you turned just as you were about to leave. "hey I'm about to go out to get you something to help with your sickness, you think you're going to be ok without me around?"

Akko's eyes looked sad for a moment before quickly turning big again. "A-Ah, no worries, it's fine!" She cuddled her favorite carrot toy. "Besides, I have Comrade Carrot here to keep me company, and remind me of your tasty trea-" She let go of the plushie as she pucked in one of three buckets you kept near her.

"Like I said, I'll be fine!"

You couldn't help but not share Akko's glee. "If you say so, I should probably also inform you that with your sickness you're going to have to stay here longer to pay off your debt. Considering there is no way you are going to do any work like this."

"Makes sense."

Tilting your head you expected a different more annoyed reaction from Akko, yet here she was not showing any real worry while bringing Comrade Carrot back up from the ground.

She noticed you staring, her smile widening. "What, do I look that pretty like this?"

Now that you thought about it...with her down so naturally, her clothes sticking not too close while one of her ears stood up while the other half flopped over...

"Kind of yeah."

For a moment an air of deathly silence reigned across the room.

"W-What?" Akko's eyes turned into pinpricks.

You immediately started to speed out of the house. "Anyways I'm going to get that medicine."

"Hey! I asked a question!" Yet before Akko was done yelling she could already hear the door slam shut.

Akko huffed. "Of course they just have to be weird again, what the heck was up with that?" She started to play with the eyes of Comrade Carrot. "Not like they're any prettier looking..."

Suddenly Akko slammed Comrade Carrot down, slapping her forehead. "Oh gosh this sickness is really getting to me!"

She slowly let her hand fall as no one was there to answer, the grandfather's clock ticking from the hallway making Akko realize,