Chapter 11: It Doesn't Matter

The blanket of snow almost everywhere on the grounds of the farm and even beyond in the forest and city signaled the full bloom of the winter season, yet as snowflakes continued to fall out of the school and the cold made many creatures huddle together for warmth a certain bunny girl known as Akko happily jumped out of her bed.

She yelled your name from down below the house. "You up yet? I think I beat you in waking up the earliest!" Akko laughed as she continued to ready herself, putting on her work clothes for the day (which finally fit her right after many adjustments!) and finishing it all off with her signature cute small ponytail.

As Akko entered the kitchen she raised an eyebrow as she noticed how empty the place was, she leaned over the exit into the living room. "Yo, you aren't pulling a prank on me right?" She shouted with a slight tone of accusation.

Yet as she received no answer Akko began to climb up towards the upper floor, not bothering to knock as she entered your formally shared room. Her eyes widened alongside her ears. "Oh. My. gosh!"

"You're lazy!"

A groan left you as you slowly rose from the covers, half awake and looking like a mess as you rubbed your eyes. "Good morning to you too Akko."

"How did this happen? I mean seriously, you are never like this!" Remembering her mother's words a small grin formed on Akko's face. "Say, am I rubbing off on you?"

"Hardly," You scoffed, slowly exiting the bed. "the winter season is just never a good time for me, I don't know why but it just destroys all my will."

Akko narrowed her eyes with a chuckle. "What are you, a secret hybrid whose hibernation time has come?"

"I can ask back why you aren't in yours.

"Bunnies don't hibernate ya goof, if anything we become even more active!" Explained Akko, helping you get out of the bed. "Really though, it's nice to see you not be a machine for once. If I liked you enough I'd give you the day off."

Your eyes became bigger as you stared at Akko. "What do you mean with liking me enough?"

Akko immediately reeled back. "O-Oh just that...nothing, it's nothing. Point is that I like seeing you like this."

You smiled. "I can see why, I'd probably drive you crazy with my work ethic someday if I didn't cut it once." It would falter as you ended the sentence.

"I mean, not really?" Began Akko. "I'm not the kind of girl to get worked up over what you do, so long as it isn't life threatening or something you know."

"Oh...oh."

Akko laughed. "Come on, you know me longer than today," She elbowed you. "now shall we get going or do you need some more of your beauty sleep?"

Your smile returned, bigger. "Yeah, let's."

"You should probably get out of your night clothes first though." Akko mentioned, gesturing towards your attire.

"Ah, good point."

~

As with every winter the normally clear path was filled to the brim with snow, with you as every year having to put in your all to make the path to and from your farm a little less white. You let out deep breaths as you finished another pile, sticking the shovel you were using into the snow to look over your progress.