Chapter 13: Day of Love...?

"The day of Peace has officially BEGUN!" Akko exclaimed as she bumped her fist in the air.

Your eyes immediately went to the window. "I mean it's evening but alright."

Akko wagged her finger. "The tale happened during the evening so we start during the evening, continuing until the morning sun hits!"

"Alright, you're the expert." Your gaze would go towards the winter storm taking place just outside. "Here's hoping the morning sun won't be blocked by all that snow."

"A problem for future us," Reassured Akko. "Let us now enjoy all this delicious food, not to forget the games I readied!" She plopped down on the living room sofa, as the table had been adjusted to hold all the food you had made together.

"It cost a fortune in time and money, but if everything goes well it'll all be worth it." The last part you spoke in a whisper, soon joining Akko in the feast.

It was a mountain of food, and yet it managed to get smaller by the second. Courtesy to not just you and Akko with her giant appetite but also a little help from Kiki. The bun would have eaten more if the both of you didn't stop preventing her to eat what she wasn't allowed to, rest assured at the end she was happily resting in a bowl. Having grown a bit in size too.

Meanwhile you and Akko had a little food contest, one Akko managed to win as you were absolutely stuffed by the end of it. That girl just kept surprising you. Regardless you could get your revenge in the games Akko had brought along, a personal tradition from her own family.

During an intense game of risk a yawn left you. "Say, how about we finish this another time and wrap this night up?"

Akko smirked. "What? Afraid you're gonna lose?"

You looked down at the board, with most states overwhelmingly under your control. "A bit, maybe it would be smarter to capitulate and appeal to your mercy."

A yawn left Akko too. "Mhm, that's ok. I can rest easy knowing Comrade Carrot's world revolution has succeeded." She hugged the giant carrot in question, insisting it would join too as part of "the family".

As you started to clean the board game up Akko let out a hey.

"There are still a few more things to do before we are done; like watching a movie and doing the song!" The song especially with what Akko had in store for the final additional lyric.

"Alright, you pick something good and I'll finish here." You said, already cooking up the ideal moment to say what you want to say at the end of it all.

While Akko was giddily browsing for some winter-related movies your attention was drawn towards the light flickering off and on at a few of the lights, some of the ones outside shutting down completely. Your eyes widened when you remembered what this meant. "Oh no."

"What?" Akko looked at the movie she was holding. "You dislike this one that mu-"

Then the lights shut out throughout all the house, the silence soon followed by a yell from Akko.

"H-Hey, what's the big idea!?" You could hear her panicking across the room.

With a sigh you carefully moved forward. "It's what I feared, power got cut out thanks to the storm."

"And now?!"

"Now I'm going to try and find a candle to light up, I've been through this before and it's what we should do first." As light was flashed in your eyes you looked as Akko held up a flashlight, with Kiki and Comrade Carrot in her other hand.

"Or we use this."

"...Right." You agreed. "How did you even get it that fast?"

Akko let herself fall on the couch with Kiki and Comrade Carrot. "I wanted to tell ghost stories when we went to bed together, but now that got all thrown away."