A date?

Y/N's POV:

8 months have passed since Central Park, we've had a few girls night at both our places, but we didn't have the chance to do that many. My weird work schedule and the INSANE amount of business trip Nat is having, being the cause of it. That was also the reason of this little night, she's leaving tomorrow for a month long business trip!

I find it very weird, who needs that long to have a financial contract with someone? Plus I won't be able to make any move on her, We've flirted a lot on our fun nights and as I thought she was maybe answering the same for fun, lately, I've started thinking that maybe she likes me back!

She arrived right on time with some groceries for us to cook and we start talking as she cuts stuff. The first time I saw her nonchalantly talking while she used a knife I was scared, but I'm starting to get use to her perfectly knowing how to do 2 things at the same time, even when it includes what could be a deadly weapon.

I laugh as I rephrase what I just said " Yeah! I swear! This guy had just got out of his vehicle, puked on me" She made a small disgusted face which made it funnier "And affirmed he was sober and a drunk person was possessing him, he also said it was probably his wife"

"I don't believe you, no, people aren't that dumb are they?" She asks still laughing and in almost disbelief

"Oh! They are, that I can assure you! Unless I wouldn't have the chance to know you single" I answer trying to be as seductive as I can

"Smooth, Anderson" She replies smirking

"What? Just stating facts" I jokingly defend

"Come on, tell me why you became and stayed a cop with such...annoying experiences" Nat changes subject after rolling hereyes at me

I stiffen a bit when I realize I can't tell her the truth without talking about that part of my life "Younger, I almost got kidnapped by the police officer assigned to my school" I lie "Sorry kind of a party pooper story" I add, the silence becoming awkward.

Natalie starts talking about her lil sis, I've come to realize she loves talking about her -which ease the awkwardness from previously- , but only their childhood moments.

So when we install the food on the kitchen island I'm questioning myself about it and Nat probably picked up on it since she sighs before saying "Shoot Y/N"

"I don't wanna push, I mean, you're not obliged to- like don't answer if you're not comfortable with- No sorry it's impolite, I-"

"I said shoot Anderson, not start rambling" She cuts me off smiling...for some reason?

I take a deep breath " you know a lot about me, but I realized I don't know a lot more than you and Elena's childhood about you."

She seems hesitant but answers with a light "What do you wanna know then?"

"What about how you started working for Stark, I mean he's kind of an idiot in armor and you're... you: the brain, beauty and the brawn all in one" I ask jokingly, still clearly wanting an answer to my question

She laughs lightly, but I can feel her somewhere else in her mind. It's like she lived an internal dilemma, what she wanted versus her fears versus her professional obligations.

Nat's POV:

She just asked me a question in which I could reveal stuff about S.H.I.E.L.D to her, I'm freaking out. All my conversations about her with Pepper and Clint flooding back. I'd like to, but she could be in danger because of me and Nick would be way passed pissed off. Plus, she'd probably get angry too.