New Plan

Nat's POV:

Once I arrive in the kitchen, they're all ready to eat, but kindly waiting for me. As we eat, the conversation's light hearted, it's mostly small talks meant to give us a break from the whole mess we're in.

Though, when I take the first sip of my coffee, I can't help but interrupt Steve and I's conversation.

"Sam?" His head swiftly turns towards me. "This is going to sound weird, but... you aren't Canadian, right?" I question, probably looking very random to the people around the table.

He chuckles "You're right, I'm not." He answers intrigued.

"But you're the one who made the coffee?" I ask.

"Actually, Y/N insisted on doing it. I think it tastes alright, why?" The man replies, taking a sip himself.

But by now my gaze's already focused on Y/N who's trying to hide her smirk by directing her head towards her plate while looking at me. We stare into each other's eyes for a few seconds and by that short silent communication, I know my drink is the only 'personalized' one.

It probably shouldn't, but the attention warms my heart, like I matter more to her. Why are her plans working so well on me? I'm supposed to be the one able to play with her feelings as I wish as I stay stone cold.

"Care to enlighten us here, ladies?" Steve gently asks, breaking my stare into those fascinating [e/c] eyes.

"Nah, it's fine. We were just asking ourselves why Wilson keeps an hair dryer in his bathroom with this amount of hair." She jokes and thankfully the boys don't mention the obvious change in subject.

But now, thinking about it, the question is legitimate. I'm pretty sure I saw make up and tampons in the cabinets, the guy really has it all!

"Oh...well you know..." The man starts awkwardly. Y/N is about to open her mouth and say something to put him at ease, like usual, but Sam's voice erupts first. "If I a woman stays the night here, I wanna be prepared for anything. I'm the gentleman type, you know." He explains, gaining confidence with each spoken word. As he should.

I don't think Y/N's jaw could drop any lower at that point. "Sam, if I wasn't relentlessly crawling after someone right now. I think my gay ass would marry you on the spot."

Y/N's POV:

The words just slipped out of my mouth and I honestly don't know which is worse. Telling a -handsome- man I'd marry him because he has tampons in his bathroom or potentially putting pressure on Nat with my comment and losing her even more.

Luckily, after a second of silence the boys laugh it off without any questions and we quickly move on to our plan to stop whatever Zola was talking about before getting buried alive-ish.

"So, the question is, who at S.H.I.E.L.D. could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha asks to Steve, because Sam and I know literally no one but these 2 fugitives within the organization -Clint and Rumlow excluded-

"Pierce." Steve answers like there aren't other options and as I'm about to ask for a sum up of the guy, Nat gives me enough with her next sentence.

"Who happens to be sitting at the top of the most secure building in the world."

"But he's not working alone." Isn't this worsening our case? "Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." What is that?

"So was Jasper Sitwell." Nat clicks. Who is that guy?

Steve takes a deep breath like this whole talk brought a whole new plan in his brain where mines just confused. "So the real question is, how do the 3 most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer in broad daylight?" Finally! A sentence I understand!