Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The sound of blunt footsteps came from behind the torture chamber door. However, the time was too short for the two soldiers to have finished eating.

At that, Sally stopped and hurried to the bed. As she pulled off one side of the duvet stained with blood, the door swung open.

"...Sally Bristol, what are you doing here?"

A voice that was as slow and soft as feathers fell sharply in her spine.

...Why did Captain Winston return now, of all time?

Sally took the loosely removed duvet in her arms and looked back slowly. A young private was holding the wide-open door in a rigid posture.

A man with a light gray trench coat over his shoulders walked in between them without hesitation. Under the fluttering coat, a black officer's uniform was hung straight, as if decorated with colorful medals.

Every time the medals were added one by one, she got sick of it. Because the stench of blood seemed to vibrate from the medal.

"Hello, Captain. I was giving lunch to the guests and packing up the laundry."

She mixed a little bit of a curious look on her innocent face as though she didn't know anything.

"You alone?"

"Yeah. Aunt Ethel quit a month ag

Although Winston raised his lips softly and let out a low laugh, his ice-cold eyes were not smiling at all.

Facing him like that, Sally also had the urge to moisten her parched lips, but she resisted. It was because the other person would notice that she was nervous.

'Has he not noticed already? There are many excuses to give if you ask me what kind of conversation we had...'

As she rushed to plan all sorts of things inside her, she tilted her head, blinking her eyes and pretending to be puzzled on the outside.

Winston stood between the man at the table and her.

Sally felt a sense of intimidation as if she was facing a wall because of his large height and body.

He stared down at the man who had already begun shaking his hands for a moment with cold eyes and then took off his sharp look. His outstretched fingers that were as sharp as his eyes neatly swept over the blonde hair.

"I know that, Sally. You know that's not what I mean."

He pressed Sally lightly with a tone that seemed to appeal to a lover before suddenly turning around. The tip of a riding whip in his hand, clad in black leather gloves, pointed to the second lieutenant, who looked like his lieutenant.

"Campbell, get the men guarding the door right now."

A terrifyingly low voice.

At that moment, in Sally's head, the hallucination of that whip slashing through the air and tearing her flesh rang out.

She was standing like a prisoner against a wall with the duvet in her arms.

As Winston waited for the men, he glanced around as if seeing the torture chamber for the first time. Her spine shuddered as he lifted the chain hanging from Sally's side and put it playfully in front of her neck.

...If only she brought 'it' though she didn't...

"Captain, I have brought him."

Sally sighed inside. She didn't know whether she was relieved or frustrated.