Chapter 6

Chapter 6

However, as the speeches of the Grand Lady continued without end, he couldn't keep thinking of the maid.

"You won't be able to smell alcohol today. Don't worry, Grand Lady."

The woman stared at him.

Did she have more to say? She wiggled her hand nervously as she gripped the tiny crystal and tassel-studded evening bag. Seeing that, Leon tilted his head at an angle and urged her to open her mouth.

"...Please, call me Rosalind."

He lost his words for a moment at the least unexpected request. The woman who was acting like a chihuahua barking to keep from being caught up in fear just a moment ago was suddenly trying to close the distance.

However, they were supposed to live as husband and wife, anyway. A distance they would have to narrow down someday. It would be a big disrespect if the other person did not hold the hand that was reached out first.

"...."

But, even when he opened his lips to call out the name, those three simple syllables did not come out of Leon's mouth.

Rosalind Aldrich.

...Rosalind. Rosalind. The name didn't stick to his mouth. She was as old-fashioned as her old-fashioned name. In addition, her teaching-like tone and monastic mood made her luxurious evening dress like a nun's robe.

Come to think of it, there was a person in the Winston family who had the same tone and atmosphere and made a high-class suit into a police suit.

'Don't you get along better with Jerome than with me?'

Although it wasn't Jerome, who might one day receive the title, so, in the marriage talk with the Grand Duchy, his younger brother was not considered from the beginning.

"If you could call me Leon instead of Captain Winston, I would be glad."

Leon smiled slyly as if he had played a dirty trick on the woman. Of course, he wouldn't do that kind of trick.

She was a woman with a timid corner, so it was the card that he handed out, knowing that there was no way to call him by name first. Besides, she was so knowledgeable that she would not be pleased with the man's light trick.

As expected.

The Grand Lady hesitated for a moment before only smiling awkwardly. Her gaze turned to look out the window again, and silence fell inside the car again. Consequently, he managed to get the woman to withdraw her firsthand without being rude.

The car stopped at the marina dyed with the red sunset. The river overflows with gold, and the luxury cruise ships dazzle in the orange lights.

Leon crossed over to the other side of the car and opened the door. On the way to lead the Grand Lady to the cruise ship, he took out the ticket Pierce had given him.

The departure time of the cruise ship was four hours later. It was like a mother's message to get up earlier than what was written on the ticket.

'It's going to be a boring night.'

Following the servant in a black uniform, he got on the elevator to the top floor of the cruise ship. The driver lowered the lever and the elevator, which had been sliding uphill, came to a rough stop as soon as the lever was raised again and shook violently.

"Ah..."

Leon's arm was gripped by a hand that had been resting like a ghost on his arm. The Grand Lady made a slightly bewildered face, and she immediately withdrew the grip from her hand.