Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"What...?"

Sally was momentarily speechless at his astonishing speculation. Perhaps, it was because Winston was friendly with her in the torture chamber, and it got misunderstood...?

"Uncle, there's no way I can do that with that filthy bastard."

[ Isn't that the order from above? ]

"You know that such a task cannot be given from the upper level, even my fiancée."

[ .... ]

"Uncle."

[ Are you in touch with Joe? ]

He asked if she had contact with her brother, who had left the comrade out of nowhere. Even though he was a family to Sally, he was a traitor to his comrades.

While she couldn't answer and hesitated, the uncle made a request that she couldn't understand.

[ Go to Joe. Then, don't come again. ]

Sally didn't know why he hung up the phone. She put the handset back in place and stared at the stain in the corner of the coffee table.

Maybe, it was because uncle's mind and body got weak after he was tortured, or did she make the embarrassing mistake of standing shoulder to shoulder with her comrade...? To leave them and never come back, she, who only knew revolution and comrades.

She thought about the uncle's words blankly, then a bang on the wall saying the radio was noisy from next door made her spirit come to life.

Sally and Nancy chatted all afternoon over a cold coffee.

Nonetheless, fragments of the uncle's words were still floating around in her head. When it was a time when a new topic of discussion fell and traced back to her childhood memories, finally, the phone rang.

"It took a long time."

[ I'm sorry, but I'll have to put the withdrawal on hold. ]

"Why? Is it dangerous?"

Sally burst into anger at the unexpected reply. He continued his word in a rather heavy voice without appeasing her.

[ Instead, you're given a new mission. As always, I believe you will do well. ]

"...What?"

[ I want you to listen calmly without getting angry. And, don't forget that I love you. ]

As she listened to Jimmy's words, Sally nervously twisted the wire on the handset and wet her dry lips. Was it a mission to die for?

"If it is worthwhile, I am willing to give my life honorably. So tell me."

[ I want you to approach him. ]

Sally's head tilted.

...Approach him — Was it an illusion that his instructions sound strange?

"I don't know what you mean. Am I not still doing that?"

Sally's fiancé let out a long sigh and muffled his voice.

[ Did I say to see you as a woman? ]

At that moment, the pencil in her hand broke in two.

Beauty... The revolutionary army does not use such dirty tricks.

"Are you out of your mind?"

As she raised her voice, she could hear the sound of a chair being pulled away from the kitchen. It looked like Nancy was coming this way.