Chapter 15

Chapter 15

The maid was standing on the crowded sidewalk.

In the midst of a large crowd of people rushing by, the woman was rummaging through her brown handbag, unknown what she was doing. He wouldn't have recognized her if he hadn't thought that her back was strangely familiar as she didn't wear her usual black maid outfit and her hair, which was always pulled up, was also loose.

'It's annoying because it's nice.'

Leon's brow furrowed. The woman took her bills from the handbag and handed them to the beggar in front of the department store.

'I heard your mother's hospital bills aren't enough?'

...She spent money on beggars when she wore holed old stockings.

'You're so relaxed?'

What he did at lunchtime today was about to become pathetic.

"A beauty that makes you turn your head."

The lieutenant colonel suddenly spoke, and Leon straightened his head, which he had turned without realizing it.

"Have you seen a pretty girl?"

"No."

"You know how to behave well, but are you in your prime? Like a bee in a jar of honey, you will be twisted by a beautiful woman. You better be careful, so you don't end up like the commander."

Well... Leon was sure he wouldn't be like the commander because he was not a pathetic bastard who couldn't recognize a spy and just liked the smell of a female.

"At my time, a naughty blonde fox squirmed around..."

The lieutenant colonel bit his mouth all of a sudden. It was only now that he remembered that Leon was the son of the man who had lost his life after being deceived by that blonde fox.

"That woman, she died a few years ago. Did you hear?"

"Yes."

"I'm sorry. For what she did, she got it too easy."

The lieutenant colonel rummaged through his jacket pocket and pulled out a cigar case. He muttered, biting off the end of the cigar.

"Leon..."

Calling in a friendly way as if Leon was his son, he offered him a cigar. Leon was polite enough to not be offended by the lieutenant colonel. Then, the thick hand holding the cigar tapped his shoulder and backed away.

"Catch that woman's children and show her example in hell. Even Major Winston in Heaven will be proud of you."

The woman had two children with the surname Riddle, the 'royal family' of the rebels. The eldest son, like 'Little Jimmy', was expected to take over his father's footsteps and lead the leadership, but as soon as both his parents died, he turned his back on the rebels.

He had given up all the power and wealth that was given to the top officials and becomes a farmworker in a rural area. Although he disguised himself, it didn't take long for Leon to track him down and find him.

The rat must be caught... But, what about the apostate rat?

People were only attached to watch him because the leader of the rebels or his younger sister would one day approach him so that the rat released could attract more rats.

"If Little Riddle is caught, it will be worth watching. There are over ten people in the West alone who are grinding their teeth on Riddle's rats."

Of the infamous Riddle's rats, there was now only one left.