Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"...What?"

He regarded his employees as the cogs in the mansion. No one wanted to ask something every time they saw the parts of a machine.

What the hell was he curious about? The maid named Sally Bristol and her family? If that were the case, it would have been enough to recite the details the revolutionary army had already carefully organized.

However, if she recalled his actions from a while ago, it may be very vulgar and private curiosity.

Insults and curses were about to come out of her at once. Sally bit her lips tightly.

"Perhaps..."

For some reason, Winston, who had been staring tenaciously into her eyes, spoke softly. The question was neither vulgar nor overly private, though it made Sally hope for a rather vulgar curiosity.

"Did you ever go to Abbington Beach as a child?"

Abbington Beach. The moment she heard the words, her heart sank.

'Dirty pigs—!'

The mistakes of her childhood were repeated in her mind like a faded movie. Just over a dozen years later that summer was about to take all of her time.

'...No. If you have to ask, it's just a feeling. There's no proof.'

It was fortunate that he didn't ask a trick question. As calmly as possible, that was the only way to live...

"Yes?"

Sally tilted her head as if confused.

"No... My parents were poor, so we couldn't afford to go to such a luxury resort..."

This time, she lengthened her words sullenly. The corners of her eyes and lips drooped with the weight of the woes of poor Sally Bristol, a poor rural daughter and her only family member was her mother with tuberculosis.

"...."

Winston was silent again.

He stared tenaciously into her eyes, like before he threw a bomb masquerading as a question. Was he looking for evidence of lies or evidence of truth in the turquoise waters of Abbington Beach...?

She wanted to close her eyes.

But, even if she did, nothing would change. It wasn't until Sally's maid's blouse started to cling to her skin, wet with sweat, that Winston caught her eye.

"Well, yes."

He went back to the car with a chuckle and ridicule as he believed that he had made an unreasonable guess.

Soon, the iron gate opened.

With the sound of the ferocious engine, Winston passed Sally. She muttered quietly as she watched the car getting smaller and smaller.

'Damn my eyes.'

º º º

The wheel, which was rolling down the entrance road lined with square bricks, gradually lost speed and stopped.

The iron gate at the end of the road was firmly shut.

Even though the butler had already been informed of the arrival time, the driver, who glanced at Leon's expression in the rearview mirror, immediately blew the honk loudly. After ringing twice, a middle-aged man hurriedly ran out of the window and opened the door.

The car started moving again, and as they passed by, the gatekeeper hurriedly saluted him, though Leon smiled and turned his gaze to the front.

There was nothing surprising. It was not a matter of a day or two for Grand Duchy Eldrich's subtle negligence.