Bedtime Woes

This was requested from an AO3 user! I hope that posting the first written chapter would help any other Sanders Sides Agere fans to be a little less shy and peek at my book! ^^

Prompt:

TW/CW: Tantrum, mentions of teeth-brushing (mild), crying (angry crying, only  bit of it), Screaming (only from Roman, not from any caregivers), implied sleep deprivation, mentions of possibly having an accident when washing dishes (doesn't actually happen, very light).

Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________

Ever since Roman woke up regressed, he knew one thing: he was big. He is much older than he would normally‌ ‌be.

Being Thomas' Creativity meant having mounds of work and little time to do it. He was constantly working day-in and day-out to supply video ideas and so much more.

Of course, it'd grow tiring and start to wear him down.

Those are the moments where his brain would shut down, and he'd want to be held. He'd crave comfort and love, reassurance that everything was okay.

Since he was one of the more frequented Sides, the stress amplified and piled every day.

It was early in the morning when the fuzziness had encased his brain in a warm bubble. It felt peaceful and pleasant to relax after all the mental exertion.

Reaching for his red and gold pacifier that sat atop his dresser, he popped it into his mouth. He felt any negative emotions ease away as he sucked on the rubber.

It was always so soothing to him, at any age, to use his pacifier.

Not a baby, but not too big either.

'Older than normal, I'm five,' he noted.

Getting out of bed, he stretched out his arms and yawned lightly. His mind was heavy with sleep as he rubbed at his eyes.

Why did he naturally wake up at such an early time?

It's a curse, truly!

Waddling into the Common area, still clad in his 'royal' pyjamas, Roman sat down on the couch.

Virgil was still, he believes, and Logan was busy helping Patton make breakfast.

Usually, he'd march up to one of his caregivers and demand attention but today was different. He felt calm and could wait a few minutes for food.

Snatching a pillow from the other side of the couch, he cuddled it to his chest. If he was just a bit more tired, he could've fallen asleep like that.

Distantly, he heard laughing in the kitchen, like a funny joke was told.

Maybe it was about Giraffes. It would be funny because their necks are long, just like a cooked spaghetti noodle!

Why are their necks so long anyway? He'll have to ask Logan later.

A trail of footsteps made their way towards him, coming from the direction of the kitchen.

Breakfast must be done, or maybe they heard him walking in and wanted to check on him.

What's for breakfast anyway? Is it something he's already had and liked, or is it something new and gross.

Looking up to check who it was, he smiled.

It was Patton, wearing a pink, slightly messy 'Kiss The Cook' apron and with a slightly sweaty face due to the heat of the stove.

Whenever the other saw him, he was immediately the centre of attention.