Seen

Summary: Virgil's anxiety has slowly worsened to the point of confrontation, where the light sides help him cope healthily.

TW's: Descriptions of panic, he has a few sad thoughts at first but gets the hug he deserves, first-time regression, lmk if I need to add anything else!

_________________________________________________________________________

From his place on the couch, everyone could sense the dreadful waves of anxiety radiating off him. The panic was well understood, they were having a rather unenviable discussion.

Virgil's influence has steadily grown more and more overpowering on Thomas, so much so that their host has been unable to answer or return calls, let alone leave the house or work on any new videos. As if Logan's futile attempts at persuading Thomas to leave his bed or catch up with his hygiene weren't enough on his guilty conscience, Patton admitted to going through sudden bouts of depression and hopelessness. Of course, they were more concerned than anything else, but he still felt miserable at the fact his friends were suffering because of his confusing emotions. Virgil's anxiety wasn't controllable, it struck him so randomly and powerfully that he got pissed at the feeling.

It has been objectively worse, the impending sense of doom reaching a peak he didn't think possible. It pinned him to his bed as he endured every plea to come down for dinner or appear at all. His limbs betrayed him, frozen in place as he begged for them to move. That's when Patton had all but dragged him into the living room for an impromptu intervention, which is how he ended up in the position he was in.

"We only want to help you and Thomas, you haven't done anything wrong..." Patton trailed off, fidgeting with the sleeves of his cardigan; a nervous habit, he came to recognise. The talk was equally awkward for all parties, the air dense around them.

"Obviously I have, you guys don't normally go around throwing out interventions like surprise parties." he puffed, attempting to play off the unease he felt.

"That's not it at all, Emo Nightmare! We merely wish to help-"

"— take away all your pain, my sweet, strange son-" Patton cut in, his voice high-pitched with syllables crumbling with affection, looking as if he was merely another linguistic unit away from tears of tenderness.

"— Technically, he isn't your kin, seeing as how we're all metaphysical beings of a middle-aged man's imagination-" Logan interrupted, crinkling his eyebrows with confusion.

"— Dearest Daddy hadn't meant it so literally, Poindexter, lighten up-" Roman's voice resurfaced, defending the moral Side from something non-threatening, which Virgil thought was a sure-fire way to bring an argument about.

Logan had expressed the dissatisfaction upon being 'figuratively' shut down in any situation—dire or not —, and defensively remarking on a general claim would definitely be irritable. But seemingly expecting some sort of feedback, he had merely disregarded the Prince's claim. Mature in nature, yet still showing a slight of childish dispute between them. Honestly, that man was a contradiction of himself in nearly every way.

Different pitches and vowels come from three mouths at once, overlapping and intertwining themselves together. Whenever the volume of the gibberish between them started to rise, he intervened.

"Can we have a moment of silence?" Virgil grits out through clenched teeth, a headache throbbing in his skull as well as sheer annoyance. Those embarrassing names and coddling were really getting to him.