Littler Little

Little(s): Remus (autistic if possible)

Little(s) age(s): Baby (2ish)

*optional* Little Item(s), stuffed bunny, favorite blanket, and a paci that says baby duke
*optional* Caregiver(s): Virgil

Nickname(s) for Little(s): Little duke, baby, little one

Nickname(s) for Caregiver(s): Dada or daddy

Platonic/Romantic: Romantic (outside of regression)
Prompt: First time remus has regressed this little so he tries to hide it and winds up having an accident but daddy virgil swoops in and saves the day

_______________________________________________________________

TW: accidents (and hiding said accident), losing a comfort item (sadly only retrieved at the end, but it's cute), loud noises (not too descriptive), panic attack-ish, romantic Dukexiety (only outside of regression), familial use of 'Daddy', mentions of timeout (not enacted).

Let me know calmly if I missed anything or said something that sounded kinda weird/icky, and I will quickly fix it! I finished writing this majorly sleep-deprived and my brain's just a lil HOOOONNKKK MIMIMIMIMI

_______________________________________________________

Remus plopped down on the floor, cocooning himself deep into a plush purple blanket. Sure, it wasn't his, but Vee didn't mind! After catching on about its whereabouts, he had only ruffled the little's hair, very much not mad. Secretly, he raved about how adorable his baby was bundled up in his favourite colour with such a shy smile on his face.

Normally Remus would have nothing to be timid of, but the loving gazes and warm hugs from his caregiver made him feel all melty inside, but in a good way. It had been nearly a year since he and Virgil started to date, so naturally, the gremlin had opened up about his regression and was met with support. It had been a long journey between dos and don'ts, boundaries and limits set up to ensure the safety and joy of them both.

He had been making an effort to settle down for a quick power nap, opting to lay in a sunspot fluttering through the cobweb curtains like a cat. He hauled a bed pillow to the floor before he huddled up under the soft covers and got ready to shut his eyes.

Before he could reach the blissful cat-nap state, the door creaked open to reveal Virgil, holding a steaming coffee mug along with a thick stack of papers. The once anxious expression turned fond as he slipped the notes and mug on his desk and bent down to the puddle of the comforter.

"Hey Baby Duke, what's up? Is it a tiny day?"

The bundle shifted and freed Remus' face, appearing to be semi-tired yet somewhat more energised at seeing his boyfriend. A sluggish nod was his only forewarning as Virgil was grabbed by the arm and pulled closer to the little one, who blinked at him slowly.

"T'irsty" he mumbled, hugging his caregiver's arm and nuzzling against it.

Words were tricky and confusing, but it couldn't prevent him from showing his affection. It had merely been a few hours since his boyfriend had left for work, yet it felt like an eternity. After persuading Remus to relinquish his hold, he stepped out to fetch a drink.

Feeling around for Patchy, a patchwork bunny stuffie bestowed to him by Virgil, his bleary state was shattered as he turned up empty-handed. Now wide awake, he wiggled out of the smooth blanket and fretfully scrambled to look underneath the bed. Nothing.

Toddling towards the closet, he dug through the 'regression box' frantically, tears forming in his eyes as it was void of his comfort buddy. Remus had even shaken out the comforter, and looked under the pillows and everything! But Patchy has yet to show face.