Froggy Friends!

Summary: Logan's caregiver is feeling sad, so he fixes that.

tw: bugs (hardly even bugs, very light)

______________________________________________

Logan crept out his room to put his ear to Patton’s door. His caregiver had been crying all day, and though he wanted to help, he was equally as awkward with emotions while regressed. Whenever he delivered a sippy cup of tea, (he’s not allowed ‘big kid cups’ unless he’s older in headspace), it broke his heart to see a broken smile with strained red eyes.

He desired to make all his friend’s sadness and tears go away, but he didn’t know how, he was only five! His mind thought back to the patches of smooth frog skin before coming to a hypothesis that since Patton was part frog,so he must’ve missed all his froggy friends!

It would be nearly impossible to coax his caregiver out of bed, let alone drag him through the Imagination to visit all the pretty frogs that lived there. An idea sprung to his head; if Patton was too sad to go see the frogs, the frogs would come to see him, it was simple! He rewarded himself for his brilliance by sneaking into the kitchen and snatching a cookie from the ‘Good Job Jar’.

Unaware of the footsteps coming towards him, he stepped down from the stool and turned around, only to be met with Roman, who raised an eyebrow at the cookie in his grasp.

“Is the little Cosmonaut supposed to have treats before breakfast?” he asked, more amused at Logan’s defensive grip on the sweet.

“No… but I do good job, W’oman!”

Roman pretended to ponder a decision before ruffling his hair and giving him a loving smile. “Alright, just don’t tell Pat. He might want to share it with you-”

“NO! My cookie!” He huffed, Patton takes really big bites! There might not be any more cookie left for him. The Fanciful Side agreed and departed after grabbing a cup of coffee and pressing a fare kiss to Logan’s hair, which made him grumble as his cheeks flushed.

Speaking of coffee, he rubbed his throat, he was thirsty too, but he gave his favourite sippy cup to Patton. He won’t admit he missed the navy sippy with golden stars imprinted on it, but instead utilized the stool to grab a cartoon frog cup that Patton gave him on his birthday.

Cautiously pouring a bottle of refrigerated water into the cup, he got a Tropical Punch flavour packet and dumped the contents in. Both him and his caregivers concluded that powder would be easier to clean up than actual punch itself, seeing how the red colour could stain the carpeting. Lid tightly locked into place, he shook it with all his force until it was thoroughly mixed in.

A secret he kept to himself was that he enjoyed watching the half-dissolved powder sprinkle down to the bottom of the cup like a tasty snow globe. He munched happily on the cookie, laughing at the idea of sprinkles in a drink. They belonged on food, not in punch!

As he finished his snack and drink, he toddled toward the door to the Imagination close to Roman’s room, the Prince had enchanted the realm to sense his headspace and keep him from Remus’ side and vanish any possible threats to him.

Wandering towards a swampy and foggy area, kneeling down in the mud to search for the amphibians, uncaring of the dirt that got on his pyjama pants. It was to help his Dad, so of course he wouldn’t mind! He’d been given so much care and love from him, it was only fair to do the same!

He played with a few wiggly worms before refocusing on the task at hand, the frogs! Careful of any other wriggly creatures, he heedfully dug in the mud, frowning after his search turned up no results. Logan ventured by the trees, surely ONE frog would be there, right?

As he moved closer to the bark, a bundle of colours jumped away from his direction and he rushed to it, diving and capturing it in his cupped hands. Grinning with all his teeth, he made a small gap to peer in at the animal. It was a muddy brown with black markings, so it could blend into it’s surroundings, he noted. A bit of mud was smudged onto its body, mostly from the dirtied hands it was confined in. Sure, a green one would’ve been cooler, but a frog is a frog. The frog was pocketed, safely held in a way that it couldn’t escape.

Skipping gleefully to the Mind Palace, he stood outside his Dad’s door, a sudden ball of anxiety forming in the pit of his stomach. What if he didn’t like it? Then he’d be mad AND sad! Shaking his head as if it would make the thoughts go away, he knocked quietly on the door. Even if his caregiver didn’t like it, he had to at least try.

A very sniffily Patton opened the door, looking him up and down before he burst out giggling and slapping a hand over his mouth. Logan pouted and asked what was funny, attempting to be sassy but couldn’t help the small curl of his lips. His caregiver was already laughing, so it couldn’t be that hard to make him happy again.

“Why’re you all covered in mud, LoLo? Come on, let’s go clean you up”

He was led into the bathroom, a wet wipe cleaning the mud off his face, (when did it get there?), and got cooed at when he sneezed, his pollen allergies weren’t too severe, but the runny nose would suck. It’s worth it for Pat though.

“What adventures do you go on, Lovely? You look like you had fun”

“Went to the ‘Magination, gotcha a friend!” He dug through his pocket and pressed the frog in Patton’s hands. “ ‘Cause you sad dat you can’t see your froggy friends! Wanna make you happy”

Looking shocked, he summoned a small habitat enclosure in a tank and rested the frog on a miniature log, turning to hug the little.

“That’s so sweet of you, baby! I’m happier with you and Sir Hops with me”

They spent the rest of the evening playing with Sir Hops and starting a few word association games. A few months later, Sir Hops watched them moo and baa, confused but happy in his new home. Patton was certainly happier too, with such a sweet little to keep him company on his bad days.

_______________________________________

This was a lil something from my agere drabbles (I have a separate work dedicated to drabbles on my ao3 page under Sleepy_babywillow). I don't do requests for drabbles, sorry.