Chapter Thirteen

Friday came by quickly. Adora had been awake since five o' clock that morning to start preparing the food for the fundraiser. She hadn't gotten much sleep the night before either as her, Janice, and the other teachers had come together to prep clean and the meat the night before. Adora yawned; she was sleep deprived more than anything.

"Alright, children, settle down!" She called as the grade two students were beginning to get noisy as they watched a SpongeBob movie. The children quieted themselves and paid attention because she also promised them candy prizes should any of them remember what happened in the movie by the time it was finished.

"Dora," Janice called at the door as she poked her head in, "You ready to go?"

Adora stood from her desk and picked up her bags, "Yeah, let's go." She said goodbye to the children and asked the teacher in neighboring class to keep an eye on her children. They joined some teachers in the school kitchen to begin packaging the food. It was eleven thirty, and patrons were bound to show up anytime soon. So far, the fundraiser was off to a good start. They were able to sell between eighty to eighty-five percent of their tickets. Their all hoping the rest would be sold out today for the walk-in patrons.

They were also able to secure another source of revenue - the students could wear normal clothes, so long as the school was able to get a percentage and be able to have items on sale to the children also. There wasn't much talking among the teachers as everyone was focused on the task at hand to get it to the school's field where they had tents and everything set for the Barbeque.

"My, my," Kenneth exclaimed, I'm famished. They had been on the road since morning, meetings after meetings without rest. Kenneth tried to gather his thoughts as he had an interview in just an hour and a half. He couldn't focus as the humid breeze that flowed through the moving vehicle gave him no rest.

"David, turn on the AC, please."

"Yes, sir." The windows went up, and soon, the chilled air shook off the heat.
"My prince, what would you like to have for lunch?"

"A good, solid meal."

"Do you want to eat anything specific?"

"No."

Kenneth knew what Christian had in mind. He then said, "Let's eat at a nearby restaurant or so. I'm not waiting for a specific meal today."
Kenneth looked around. They were now in the southeast part of the city.

"Find a restaurant around here; I'm not picky. We don't have much time left before the interview."

"Yes, sir."

Christian pulled out his phone to search the area for restaurants. Kenneth could feel the headache and nausea within him. He took a bottle of water from the cooler and took a sip.

"Sir, there's a Barbeque fundraiser at Mobley Primary. It's the one that you sponsored the teachers with the after-school education initiative. We could stop there to get food. There aren't many restaurants in this area."

"Okay, let's try."

Christian gave the chauffeur directions to the school.

It was a while after when they arrived at the school. Christian disembarked the vehicle at the main gate of the school's field. The driver went on to find a vacant spot in the school's raised parking lot. They found one near the edge, overlooking the large field beside them.