Chapter Eleven

The time came for the women to leave the pub. "Are you coming with us Nylah?" Janice asked as they headed to her car.

"Oh, no." Nylah answered.  "Joshua is on his way to pick me up." Adora almost visibly rolled her eyes. 

Janice and the others nodded, "Oh okay. Well call me when you get home. Let's go girls."

Adora made her move to enter Janice's car. "Wait." Nylah said from behind them. Everyone looked at her. She walked closer to the car, to Adora. She reached out to grab Adora's hand. Adora's brows rose, "What is it?"

"Stay with me, please? Josh will give you a ride home." And who told you I wanted a ride from him?  That... that... thing!

Adora fixed her bag strap on her shoulder. She  really didn't want to be around Nylah alone: they'd just started talking again. "Um, how far away is he?"

"Not far. He'll be here in while. We can give you a ride home, we live in the same direction." Adora hated this. She hated being pressured. "Come on." Nylah coaxed. 

Adora gave in. "Okay." She turned to Janice and the rest of the girls. "I'll wait with her. See y'all tomorrow." 

Janice looked at her funny -- to which Adora just nodded at her. "Alright friend." Janice teased before entering the car.  Janice and their friends waited around with them until Joshua arrived twenty minutes later. They waved each other good bye and left.

"Hey babe," Nylah greeted as she sat in the passenger seat.

"Hey." Joshua greeted. he leaned over and kissed her on her lips. 

"Babe!" Nylah playfully chided. " We have company." That's when it  at her in the backseat and acknowledged her and answered her earlier greeting.  He nodded at her, " Goodnight." 

"Goodnight." Adora reiterated. He began to drive and catch up with Nylah. It was as though they were the only ones in the car. Adora regretted waiting with Nylah. Now that she thought about it, she was stupid to even consider rekindling her friendship with Nylah. It's a pity that it took sitting in the back of her ex- boyfriend's vehicle to realize that.

Yes. Joshua is her ex. They were in a healthy-- (at least that's what she thought.) four year relationship when he broke up with her. For who? Nylah.

"You good at the back there?" Adora snapped out of her thoughts to look at the back stabber. She smiled at Nylah, "Yes."

Nylah continued, "I really had a great time with you tonight. It was just like the good ole days, right?"

Hardly, my dear. "Hm, yeah." She looked out the window again. "My turn is coming up."

It wasn't long before they reached her junction. She ready to leave that awkward encounter behind. She had texted her mother to meet her there. Joshua pulled over and she thanked them for the ride and goodbye. She walked over to her mom's car and entered.

"Who dropped you off?" Was the first thing out her mother's mouth as she tapped on the steering wheel. 

"Joshua and Nylah." Adora huffed.

Patricia looked at her in disbelief, "Who?!"

Adora didn't feel like discussing them. She realized that maybe she hadn't forgiven them completely. Old feelings of anger, bitterness, embarrassment even insecurity bubbled with in her the more she thought about them and that incident.

Adora vigorously shook her head. " Mom, please. Not tonight."

"Alright."

Adora sighed, "Thank you." She leaned her against the headrest as her mother drove them home in silence.