Chapter Ten

"Welcome home Prince Kenneth. It is a pleasure to have you back." Chris patted Kenneth's shoulder. He briefed him on everything he had missed out at home. Kenneth had been out of Kendéleh nearly a month. He felt homesick. Although traveling to different countries on royal duties was nice. He wanted to go home; he was sure his staff was of the same mindset.

He had landed earlier that morning after attending one of the functions in one of Kendeleh's overseas territories.

The Palace doors opened for him. His family waited at the other end of the foyer. His mother was the first to reach for him. "Welcome home my son. I've missed you." She pinched his cheeks and gave him a once over. She smiled widely, " I can see that you were eating well when you travelled abroad. I'm glad."

Kenneth smiled, "I missed you too mom. It's good to be home."

His father and brother greeted him next then Petal. "It's good to see you my prince." She stepped forward and embraced him in a warm hug then kissed his cheek.

For the three months that he has known Petal, he realized he had grown quite a liking to her. While he was away, they spent most of their time texting and calling each other when they had time. She was dainty as her name suggests.

Kenneth knew she wanted more. And he would have to give her an answer at some point concerning them. What she didn't know was that he was considering to ask her to be his girlfriend. However, he was still in limbo about that; he wanted it to be genuine and not just pressure from his mother. He kissed her cheeks as he held her waist; a genuine smile graced his lips, "It's good to see you too. How are you?"

Petal blushed, "I'm fine my Prince." The servants ushered the family into the dining room to have lunch and go about their day.

~•~•~

Kenneth poured more Bourbon into Christopher's glass. The men sat on the patio in the cool of the evening and enjoyed the slight breeze and view of the Palace garden.

"Oh, I almost forgot;" Kenneth began, "Did I tell you the lady called me?"

Christopher looked at Kenneth confusedly. "Who?"

"That lady. I can't remember her name." Kenneth snapped his fingers repeatedly as he tried to remember the woman's name. " The one we saved from being robbed."

"Oh, Adora." Christopher thought for a while. "She really called you? What did she say?"

Flashback

Singapore

2:00AM

Kenneth was awakened from his sleep by a phone call. Who in the world would call me at this ungodly hour?! The person better have a good excuse to have called him.

"Good morning," the person greeted. "Am I speaking with Mr. Micaiah?"

"Yes. Who am I speaking to?"

"Hello sir, I'm Adora. The lady you saved from the robbers."

"Oh... Hello. Hold on for a minute." Kenneth muted the call and cleared his throat to sound more 'awake.'

"Okay," he said after the call was unmute. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, and you?"

"I'm alright."

"Mr. Micaiah, thank you for coming to my aid that night."

"You're welcome. It's what anyone would have done had they seen the incident."

"Were the gifts to your liking?"