Chapter 46

First, an apology. I have been all over the place since before the last chapter was published, and haven't had any time to write. So, thank you all for waiting, and enjoy the last chapter. Here's to the first day off in two months!

***

She'd kissed him a hundred times before, but nothing could compare to this. The moment he'd pulled the last hairpin out and her hair had tumbled down her back had been the last moment of silence, stillness. One heartbeat to stare at each other, to take in the reality, married, they were married now. Gwyn reached up to run her fingers across Azriel's jaw, and the touch snapped some tether on both of them. They'd moved at the same time, lips colliding as they tumbled onto the bed. It was an explosion of every emotion she felt around him, erupting in one blissful moment. She chuckled at the sight that met her as she broke the kiss, she'd ended up on top of Azriel, his wings flared beneath him to cushion the impact, hair falling across his eyes, a rare, beautiful grin on his face. She slid a hand into his hair, longer than usual, the demands of the Court following the war giving him no chance to bother with trivial things like haircuts, but Gwyn liked it, not too long, just a little more unruly now, and all the better for tugging on. Azriel groaned as she did just that, his hands coming up to grip her hips as she traced the lines of his jaw, his neck, his chest with her mouth.

"Gwyn," he breathed, her name a prayer on his lips as he chanted her name over and over. She rose for a moment to meet his gaze as she lifted her hips and breathed his name. Still, he held her hips, forcing her to remain motionless above him,

"Azzy," she panted, "Please,"

"Please what, love?"

"I - I want you,"

"How do you want me, wife?" Cauldron, his voice, the sultry tones he found with her and only with her, like this, it sent fire raging through her blood, but his words, she loved him, loved doing all manner of unspeakable things with him, but saying the words was still new. New and exciting. 

"I," she faltered as he lifted his hips just enough to rub against her, and all words disappeared from her mind, "I want you inside me," she gasped once he again fell still. Azriel grinned at the words, 

"We are getting bolder," he chuckled, "Well done, love," Gwyn practically keened at the praise, especially coming from Azriel, someone who knew exactly what it meant that she could now say things like that. She kept her gaze fixed on his as he loosened his grip on her hips, allowing her to guide herself down onto him. Her breath caught as Azriel shifted his hips, pleasure scorching through her veins at the sensation of him moving inside her. Azriel. Her Azriel. She grinned and rolled her hips, slowly, and laughed to herself at Azriel's groan of pleasure and frustration at the slow speed of her movements. "Gwyn," he panted, hands still resting on her hips, resting but not holding, still leaving her to control the pace for this moment, "Gwyn." There had never been a more beautiful sound than her name on his lips, and Gwyn responded with a cry of her own, a soft moan of Azriel's name that had his control fraying as a sense of desire flooded down that barely-there mating bond. Oh she wanted it, wanted it so badly. She could barely imagine what an active bond between them would feel like, being surrounded by magic all her life had not prepared her for the faint feelings she was getting from him, and she could never be truly ready, but she wanted it, she knew that much. She loved him. She loved him. She loved him.

Gwyn must have said the last thought out loud, because Azriel slid a hand up her side to cup the back of her head and pulled her down for a kiss, their breath mingling together when they broke for air. Gwyn lost all sense of control at the feeling of him inside her, his breath in her lungs, his skin against hers. She collapsed onto his chest, murmuring a quick 'yes' at his moment of hesitation. The moment the word passed her lips, Azriel wasted no time in rolling her onto her back, his lips trailing along her jaw, her neck, her collarbone, her breasts, all while his hips kept moving against hers. She gripped his hair tightly, tugging on it when he struck the spot inside her that made pleasure spark anew again and again. Azriel groaned each time, his kisses returning with renewed vigor to make Gwyn squeal his name over and over and over again.

At this rate, she'd have no voice left, but she couldn't bring herself to care, not when she had her Azriel, not when he was making her feel incredible in the one way she had never expected to, not when he was here. The tension that had been building in her belly coiled tighter with each kiss, each thrust, each muttered word from him. Azriel lifted his head to meet Gwyn's gaze again and she shattered harder than ever before. She dimly recognized Azriel's moan as he followed her into the bliss of release. His weight atop her was the prefect shield from the rest of the world as his light touch, caressing her skin, his light kisses across her face pulled her back, he kept her safe as she pulled herself back together. She grinned lazily up at him once she'd managed to regain control of her body, 

"Do that again." She demanded, the breathiness to her voice making Azriel chuckle deeply before he said,

"How would you have me, love?"

She had him atop her again once, then rolled onto her stomach, her moans muffled by the pillow in front of her as Azriel drew another orgasm from her with his fingers and tongue and then his cock, all from behind, the different angle finding new waves of pleasure that she hadn't felt before. When he sat on the edge of the bed, all  but worn out, she'd climbed into his lap, and they'd both groaned as she sank down onto his cock. He'd shouted her name louder than ever before when she touched his wings, and louder again when she leaned over his shoulder to kiss one, then swept her tongue along the ridge, towards what she'd discovered to be the most sensitive spot. He'd flipped them over and returned the favor, kissing his way across her body's most sensitive spots, clearly enjoying her cries of ecstasy at his every touch.

Bathing should have been a calm affair, but Gwyn had lost all sense of decorum, and had found her pleasure once more in Azriel's arms amid the many-scented soaps and bath salts. She'd drifted off to sleep before making it out of the bath, and hadn't woken until the next morning.

When she finally did wake, it was to the sensation of Azriel tying tiny braids into her hair, only to undo them and start again. She twisted to kiss him sleepily, and even that slight movement betrayed the wonderful soreness throughout her body.

"I want to cook breakfast," she mumbled, 

"You can cook your own breakfast, love, but I think you're forgetting something,"

"The bond? I'm not forgetting anything."

"Oh?" Cauldron, the low, husky tones of his voice in the morning were enough to make Gwyn almost forget what she was saying in favor of more scandalous fun. Still, she forced herself to speak,

"I want it. To accept it. Now. Or, maybe when we get to," she paused, "Where are we going on Honeymoon?"

"There's a lovely place in the Summer Court that Tarquin's given us as a wedding present, a beautiful little beach house, private beach, but not too far from Adriata. The waters there are supposed to be the clearest in Prythian." Gwyn made no effort to halt the grin that was spreading across her face with each moment, 

"Breakfast there then,"

"Breakfast there." Azriel agreed, and kissed her soundly, packing becoming delayed by another hour as he explored her body all over again until she was trembling in his arms.

By the time they made it to Summer it was almost midday, but Gwyn found all she needed for a quick brunch already in the beach house. Azriel didn't take his eyes off her the whole time they were eating, and when he took her hand, swiping a thumb over the back of it, she felt it. A tug towards him, the love and joy that almost overwhelmed her wasn't just her own, not any more. It was song, it was light, it was shadow, it was everything they were, and it was theirs, and theirs alone. The feeling only intensified as Azriel kissed her deeply and carried her into the house. It was a feeling that would never be broken. The mating bond.