One

We watched from the sidelines of a crime scene as the new police captain, Chief Powell, spoke about last night's 3rd Vecna kill of this week. Though, we were the only ones who knew that it was actually Vecna, and not Eddie committing the murders.

Max was supposed to be the 3rd, but we luckily got there just in the nick of time to save her. It seems like she was attached to her Walkman now, always having that same Kate Bush song on full blast playing on loop, she was paranoid, but at least she wasn't dead, like Patrick who wasn't so lucky.

His body had sunken underwater during sometime after the possession, and they had to send a team down to resurface it so they could take it into a morgue for an autopsy. Though it was clear that no person could done what happened to him with their bare hands if he was in water. And if they did, they would have to have a crazy motive for doing so.

"An 18-year old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKinney.." the chief trailed off, glancing at a notepad in his hand, readjusting his already tight grip on the microphone in front of him. Lucas' face fell, and he looked away from the scene almost immediately. He had known Patrick. And he had known him well enough to the point where he had a bond with him, so it was understandable to a certain point he would be upset.

The chief went on, "His limbs.. uhm, his body. It was disfigured." The chief took a quick pause, and he glanced over the reporter's cameras at the ambulance his body was locked up in.

"There was an active eyewitness on the scene, who has a lead on our prime suspect." He swallowed, looking up at the camera and shoving his notepad back into his shirt pocket.

Dustin scoffed, because even if we hadn't heard who the prime suspect was yet, we all knew deep down that it was Eddie Munson. The same kid we had been hiding since the cops hopped on his case after Chrissy's death at his trailer.

Over the course of time I spent with Eddie at that landfill we called Reefer Rick's boatshed, an unspoken tension arose between us. If it was him staring at me randomly during Dustin's hour long rambles, or going out of his way to ask me something whenever I hadn't spoken for awhile. He never failed to make my stomach twist into a tight knot and squeeze until eventually blood rushed to my face, and my cheeks turned a rosey red under his longing gaze.

Munson wasn't all that bad. He was kind, had a sarcastic sense of humor even while he was getting chased by cops cars and hiding under a boat tarp all day everyday until we eventually came by to check on him. I was intrigued by him, but also pushed away at the thought of even caring a devil's inch about the designated freak of Hawkins High himself.

The chief went on, and I broke from my dazed trance to look up and acknowledge what he was saying. "Our person of interest is.." Powell began, his voice slowly lowering as he turned around to grab a picture from his back pocket.

"Eddie Munson." He finished, turning back around and holding up a black and white portrait that had been taken out of the yearbook for Eddie's infamous D&D club, Hellfire, and zoomed in on his face, displaying it for us.

"We encourage anyone with information to please come forward." He finished, and the suspense diminished, turning into pure fear between everyone in our group as we stared at the portrait of Eddie being thrown down on the blacktop, and stomped over by everyone as the crew walked away and the cameras turned off.

I stared ahead, "Oh man." I whispered, and Dustin and Nancy turned around to look at me. I looked at Dustin with downcast eyes.

"This is not good." I turned my gaze to Nancy, "Really not good." The two of them looked away from me and we all stared back out over the crime scene, littered with emergency service vehicles and policemen, all talking to those who came by to see for themselves. Lucas still looked distressed, with his eyebrows furrowed and his nostrils flared.