The Killer That Never Wanted To Kill

PRESENT DAY

Ghost stared at himself in the mirror. His eerie golden skull helmet glinted in the fluorescent lighting of the bathroom. His breath came out in wavering puffs of air. His heart raced within his chest. Thrumming like a drum.

He looked away from the reflection down at his hands. His hands...that were covered in blood.

Blood that was not his own.

The blood of someone else.

He washed his hands as he blinked away tears.

The lights above him flickered rapidly before turning off. Not moments later they came back on. He lifted his head before leaving the bathroom.

He looked around at the destroyed hotel room. The dead body of what was once a young promising SHIELD agent laid sprawled out on the white carpeted floor stained crimson from his blood.

Bullet holes riddled the dry wall around the room. Bullet casings covered the floor.

The smell of a blood, fried electrical outlets, burnt skin, and smoke blended together making Ghost sick to his stomach.

He never wanted this life. He was forced into it. He didn't use to live like this. But things are different now.

He's different. He didn't feel human.

He was...inhuman.

Ever since that night...his entire life went to shit and he's been trying to survive.

Enduring captivity with HYDRA didn't even make the list of horrible things that Ghost had been through.

He was tortured, pulled apart, put back together again, starved, shot, stabbed, and nearly every horrendous thing imaginable. And yet he was still alive.

He survived. With the help of something that they had done to him. And now...he was using that to get back at everyone that played a hand in his torment.

He already exposed HYDRA to the world and now he was after SHIELD. SHIELD was no better than HYDRA.

They pretend they are...but Ghost sees through the lies. All of them. He was not one so easily manipulated. Not anymore.

He was going to put them away. Starting with Director Nick Fury. And ending with his merry band of weirdos in skin tight suits...the Avengers.

Who are they avenging anyway? What have they lost that they need to avenge?

It didn't matter...they have what's coming to them...if it wasn't for them...he would never have been captured by HYDRA.

And now...he was gonna make them pay.

But first...