Crash landing

Chapter 14

Ghost,

I shall be taking back over the story telling for now. The small ship was beginning to catch up with us as Paradise in Death was not a fast ship but a freight ship modified to be used for combat.

" Ghost, they have just fire two missiles." Wraith reported.

" Deploy counter missiles." I said as I began walking toward SuperNova Shadow.

The counter missiles fired and collided with the incoming missiles.

" Wraith hook up to your ship, we're going to get these guys off of Paradise." I said as I sat in SuperNova Shadow's cockpit.

I sealed the storage bay and opened the bay doors. After releasing the magnistrip SuperNova Shadow slipped out of the storage bay. I started the engines and began flying towards the enemy ship. Wraith's ship flew out behind me as I came into missile range of the enemy ship.

I fired a missile at their ship and they fired at mine. The ship's onboard computer dodged the missile while their ship sent out counter missiles to block my missile. Wraith fired two missiles behind me while I passed the enemy ship and began circling back behind them.

The enemy ship fired four missiles. Two head towards Wraith's ship. The other two circled around and came towards me. The guns automatically began firing at the missiles. One missile was destroyed while I took control of the ship and dodged the other missile. To my utter dismay the first missile that I had dodged came out of nowhere and exploded next to my ship. My ship began sending warning signals to the computer and alarms began going off. My ship had lost fifty percent motor function and was beginning to be pulled into Cryothrem's Orbit.

Luckily Wraith had landed a missile on the enemy ship and it too was beginning to crash land on Cryothrem.

" Ghost, your going down and we can't grab your ship in time. Your going to crash land." Felix said over the Comms.

" I know. I need you guys to come pick me and the ship up when I land." I said as the ship started falling through Cryothrem's atmosphere.

Comms died and I did my best crash landing the ship on a narrow glacier. After a rough landing the ships cockpit opened up and I climbed out to see the ship dangling off the edge of the glacier and staring into a very dark canyon.

" Well that was close." I said as I leaned over the edge.

And that was about the time the side of the glacier collapsed and sent the ship and I into the cavern below.

End of chapter 14