Wet-work

Chapter 5
Ghost,

Now I've decided I'd take over the storytelling for a while since Wraith wasn't around for this part.

I was cleaning my armor and changing the color of my visor that way I wouldn't be recognized. With the new setting color of red, I could switch between a red visor and a blue skull visor. Once I was done with that I started checking on my equipment. The new cloaking device was working properly. All my guns were fully charged, but that didn't matter seeing as how I couldn't bring any guns into a prison. I was going into the prison through an old sewer tunnel then I'd have to find our target and kill him using hand-to-hand combat. Wraith will be at the base giving me a guide on where to go.

"We've got one day till the job starts, did you hack into the prison surveillance yet?" I asked as I worked on Wraith's combat droid.

"Yes Master Ghost, I've got prison schematics and surveillance. I also took the liberty of hacking into the prison's turret system." Wraith replied.

" Good work, now come check out your combat body." I told him.

It was a standard police droid I had gotten from the droid factory. It had had a couple of defections but nothing too major.

"It looks interesting sir." Wraith replied.

"What did I say about calling me, sir?" I growled.

"Sorry Ghost I won't say it again." Wraith replied.

Anyway, the police droid had a circular helmet with holographic screens, built-in taser gloves, and equipped a standard-issue police-bot pistol blaster.

"With this, you'll be able to connect to and control this droid whenever we're out on a job." I said.

"Sadly you won't be able to follow me on this mission." I said.

After finishing up with Wraith's new combat body, I started getting to work on some of the spy bots I had started working on. After I had finished with the spy bots and other gadgets I had been working on I did routine weapon maintenance and vehicle work on my ship and hover-bike. When it was time to start the mission. I spent the next hour driving the hover-bike to the access pipe I'd be crawling through to get in and out of the prison.

After melting the sewer grate with my plasma knife, I put the knife on the bike and crawled through the sewers. Reaching the Access point in the prison maintenance tunnels. I turned on my cloaking device and walked to the courtyard exit. Peaking through the door I waited until the coast was clear to open the door and walk through. I was looking for cell block 7743 when I notice some of the guards running back towards the courtyard.

After following them quietly we came up to a prison fight where two prisoners were pinned to the ground by guards and two more were fighting each other. The guards I was following pulled out the electric batons. They both went for the two prisoners fighting. After electrocuting the two prisoners they dropped the batons and tackled the prisoners to the floor. Seeing my chance to pick up weapons I picked up the batons and started walking towards cell block 7743. At that exact moment, a guard yells at a prisoner." Now, why'd you have to go and pick a fight 347?" I froze at that moment since my target was a prisoner with the identification number 347.

"Damn it, that means he's going to solitary." I thought.

I changed plans immediately and followed my mark and his guard. As the guard opened up the solitary doors and shoved in 347 I shoved him in and deactivated my cloaking device. After shutting the door behind me I quickly knocked the guard out with the shock batons and used my Kalidorian ability to enhance my leg muscles to kick 347 back on his hands and feet.

" You know I never had this much trouble on an assassination job till now." I told 347.

"Who are you?" He asked.

I chuckled. "Well some people call me 'Wrath', others 'Reaper', but I'm mostly known as 'Ghost'. I Answered. The whites of his eyes grew with every name I spat off after that." Anyways it doesn't matter what they call me. You won't be alive long enough to tell anyone, like the rest of the people that knew my names." I said.

After that, I clicked my visor to show the red visor with the digital skull across it. "I usually have it on blue but I felt like being a little different today." I told him as I kicked him to the ground.

"You know I wish I would have known it would have gone like this I would have brought my knife. I just didn't want the light to give me away but here in this soundproof solitary cell I could have stabbed you in the stomach and left you to bleed. As I kicked him in the stomach.

" It's not your fault but I figured I'd let out a little anger before I go." I said as I started beating the man with the batons

"I mean your, not the one who left me for dead in space. But I really need this so I guess you'll just have to pray I get tired and kill you." I said.

Once I started on the arm dislocations.
After a couple leg breaks and arms broken. I got bored and snapped his neck.

" If only that was Phantom or Agony. Or maybe even Wither." I thought as I left the cell.

After thinking of my old team for a little while I reached the sewer access panel in the maintenance tunnel. The job went relatively easy after that. I spent the imperial credits I got from the job to have the newly named salvage ship 'Paradise in Death' to be fully equipped with a full armory and security system.

With a full fusion core my smaller planetary ship 'Supernova's Shadow', I was looking for work somewhere in the war between the Intergalactic Imperials and the Universal Union. The Universal Union was an old government formed between many planets and had become powerful and greedy. The Intergalactic Imperials were groups of planets that wished to stay independent. Most Imperial planets were Haven's for pirates and other organizations.

End of chapter 5