29 Queens' Complications

Earlier…
Raven, in a hurry to get to school on time, ran as fast as she could out of the house and through the forest. She didn't look back to try and hear her mother calling after her. As she knew Reina wouldn't try either.

Besides, her mother wouldn't even set foot on the school grounds. She's a wanted criminal. And the only reason why Raven was allowed to go to school, or enroll at all, is, well… she has a destiny to live up to.

Or rather, for her to continue the legacy of the family name since she wouldn't be re-enacting her story due to the generation gap requirement.

But despite that, she really wanted to learn magic the proper way.

Raven continued to make her way to school, only to end up stepping on an Inflamma-ear weed. Making her ears elongate and turn red.

"Not again," Raven groaned as she stepped away from the plant. "I will end up late because of this."

She continued to make her way to the school grounds. And when she did, the noise that came from the conversing students stopped and utter silence greeted her.

But then, they began whispering.

Raven couldn't hear a coherent word, but she knew that they were whispering about her. And she didn't like it.

At that, the black-haired girl made her way towards the school infirmary, hoping to find the School Healer or maybe even a student from the Healing Track.

Just then, she heard a howl from the woods nearby. And upon recognizing the sound, she stopped on her tracks.

'Oh no…' Raven thought. 'I hope Cerise is okay.'

She knew about the girl's secret since they came across each other in the Dark Forest a few years back.

Shaking her head, Raven continued to make her way towards the infirmary.

There, she saw a familiar-looking brown haired boy with black-rimmed glasses who was being tended to by the School Healer.

The boy was wearing a gray tunic with orange sleeves topped with a black cowl, a pair of orange pants, and a pair of black sneakers.

The healer was wearing a white dress shirt, a blue tie, a pair of black slacks, and a pair of black dress shoes. They also had a blue robe on. They had black hair and light tan skin.

"Dexter?" she suddenly spoke. "Wha-what are you doing here?"

Raven gave herself a mental slap after she processed what she had just asked.

'Of course he's in need of healing. Couldn't that be more obvious?'

"I fell from a fairy high horse without wearing any armor and landed on my hands," Dexter kindly responded with a small smile before eyeing at his broken wrists. "It was a pretty bad fall."

And that wasn't all. Raven could have sworn that she can see scratches on his face. But she didn't comment on that.

"What can I do for you, Miss Queen?" the healer asked as he stood up from his stool and turned to face the teenage girl. "Again?" they asked, their blue eyes slightly glowing.

Raven only gave them a sheepish grin. "Sorry," she mumbled.

The healer only shook their head and pointed at the chair at the side of the small room. "Sit there, I'm going to get more supplies to finish patching up Mr. Charming," they said in a deep voice before walking to the next room.

Raven only nodded and sat at the chair she was directed to.

"So… Inflamma-ear weed? Again?" Dexter's stifled laugh caught the black-haired girl's attention.