𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅

====♫♫♫====

====♫♫♫====

Iris was not happy. She knew this was going to happen, she knew her dad would replace her with his new family. She was waiting at the front of her house for her dad to take her to school when her mom came outside with a pitiful look on her face, the kind of face that makes Iris want to curl in a ball and cry.

Her dad had apparently stayed too late at the Byers and volunteered to take Will to school (thinking that Iris wouldn't mind). Iris wanted to be okay with it. She understands that she won't always be the most important person in Bobs life but it's hard when he's the most important person in her life.

Her mom (out of pity) decided to drive Iris to school on her way to work, her step dad too busy sleeping on the couch. Iris thanked her mom as she shut the door to the car and walked into school, a small frown present on her face as she makes her way through the school doors.

The only thing Iris has going for her today is the mountain of complete homework she has in her bag. The homework that no one else got other then Iris because she asked at the end of class (yes she's that person, she doesn't care though).

She started to quickly walk down the hall, her time schedule completely out of whack as she was supposed to be in front of the classroom two minutes ago (this really was a nightmare morning). She was just about to turn a corner when a high pitched voice yelled out to her.

Now she knows Max's voice is much deeper and grumpier then this voice and she has only talked to a handful of students so far so she knew who this was.

"What do you want stalker? I was supposed to be in front of the classroom two—no three minutes ago" Iris says as she looks down at her old watch with a sigh of frustration.

Lucas who was trying to catch up with the girls quick pace, seemed to realise he had no idea why he was actually talking to the girl.

"Uhh...I just thought we could talk" Lucas shrugs as Iris immediately stops walking, Lucas bumping into her shoulder as he watches the girl slowly turn to look at him with a confused expression on her face.

"Talk? Like about schoolwork or...?" Iris asks confused.

Iris has never had a classmate want to just talk with her...especially a boy. Every boy who has approached her in the past usually ask her to do their homework (in which she responds with the middle finger and tells them to do it themselves) so this was a very different occurrence and she is not prepared for it whatsoever.

"Uhh no...since your new I thought I would answer any questions you may have" Lucas says with a hopeful smile.

Iris can't help the small flush appear on her face. She's never met a boy as sweet as Lucas and she's finding it difficult to communicate with him because of it.